PDA

View Full Version : C20XE in nova gearbox choices??

John
08-03-07, 01:59 PM
I will soon be ftting am late c20xe into a nova i currently have, now i'm gonna keep this one for myself for a bit, and am undecided which gearbox to use as i have both in my garage.

I could
a;fit standard f20, slightly lower acceleration but higher top end speed
b;fit f16 for quicker acceleration but naff top end.

now the queston i have is has anyone is could i combine the best bits from the two boxes? ie use an f16 with a modified final drive to make it more motorway friendly? Has anyone done this before? Would it be worth the effort or shall i just stick to the correct box, ie f20. I intend to use it for the odd track day if poss and 1/4 miles, but would like to keep if fairly user friendly at the same time.

Iirc i seem to remember seeing a f16 once fitted with 4.2:1 fd, now i'm crap with boxes and ratios, would this give a higher overall top speed? now i know i should look at you tables stuart but i just ending confusing myself, plus i haven't decided what whhels to run as yet, i'm hoping to find some 13's to fit over 256's, apparently rfxs fit.

Any help or views appreciated:thumb: :thumb:

Chris
08-03-07, 03:48 PM
the higher the number on the final drive the slower top speed but better acceleration.

Will F
09-03-07, 08:53 AM
I have had a few and the F16 is preety pap for everyday driving... the F20's ratios are virtually identical in the lower gears, so accel is not really any different.

F20 all day long.

Stuart
09-03-07, 08:56 AM
I think RFX2's fit over 256mm brakes..

John
09-03-07, 09:28 AM
I have had a few and the F16 is preety pap for everyday driving... the F20's ratios are virtually identical in the lower gears, so accel is not really any different.

F20 all day long.

Cheers will, i was just if the outcome would be worth the hassle before i fitted the engine. Don't think i'll bother then.:thumb:

Stuart, whats the difference between a normal rfx and an rfx2??:thumb: What brakes did you run behind 13's? and what wheels did you have?

John
09-03-07, 09:29 AM
Edit, i just realised i sold you some 236's!! lol