PDA

View Full Version : quoted ?140 to put all the ....

GTE TURBZ
08-03-07, 01:02 PM
Been quoted ?140 to put on all the vinyl i.e. b-pillar and bootlid, and decal GTE badges, is that reasonable. claims he charges BMW ?180 per hour plus VAT. and my job 3/4 hours.

Oh and he takes the car and drops it off to

Paul
08-03-07, 01:08 PM
yeh done by pro then, so any probs, bubble splits etc take it back. better than faffing around yourself with it.

and if he does BMW hes obv. good!

Dave.
08-03-07, 04:07 PM
id just get some masking tape and a can of black spray paint

Ash
08-03-07, 04:39 PM
i was quoted a while back of the lower vinal (SR) ?20 supplied and ?40 supplied and fitted, thought that was cheap.

It isn't that hard to fit your self either, just mix up some washing up liquid and water in a spray bottle and get a good squeegee and your away.

Jack
08-03-07, 05:01 PM
Paint can't create the same look as Vinyl, especially hand-sprayed stuff using a rattle can lol

GTE TURBZ
08-03-07, 07:20 PM

i've spent 1400 on a respray, dont think i be hand spraying it black, plus the vinyl looks alot neater.

About giving it a try, just about got the orignal gte door stickers from vaux, as there are extremely hard to get these days, so wnat it done with a piece of mind,

But paying 140 big ones for a job like that, can you imaging what the bootlid would be worth afterlol