PDA

View Full Version : cams and carbs

Anonymous
30-10-01, 11:55 PM
will a gte cam fit in a 1.3sr as i know they have identical cam carriers. NE 1 with a webber carb 2 fit a 1.3sr 4 sale leave a msg

cheers

THAT WALL HURT !!

Anonymous
31-10-01, 01:04 PM
it should fit but you would be far better off buying a proper highlift cam

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
31-10-01, 01:21 PM
Yes the cam will fit, but u will see no benefit. The lift and duration is the same as that of a 1.4sr so shouldn't be too different from a 1.3. Ste will know exact figures, but like Micky said, get a proper performance cam.

Ickle footer! :P

Anonymous
31-10-01, 05:54 PM
lift is a little higher so is duration. Maybe 2-3bhp if your lucky m8!

Anonymous
01-11-01, 12:07 PM
probably not even that dicko

im sure the 1.4 has about 1mm extra lift over the 1.3 cam (cant rember properlly)

spend all that money of new headgasket/bolts and followers for no diffrence what so ever :-/ ?

the money u spend on the consumables could go towards a proper cam

Anonymous
01-11-01, 11:28 PM
i can do it this way by doin the work needed by myself including stripping and re-building the top end for about ?60 whereas for a piper cam kit givin an extra 5-6bhp it would cost me ?265. im not 2 bothered about extra performance too much as is 2-3 bhp worth an extra ?200 ish?? its just doin it this way is cheaper than replacing it with a standard 1. wot do u think??

how do u go about setting up twin 40's on a 1300sr? wot other parts are needed?? jets etc?

any1 with any webbers for sale for a nova leave me a msg please.

THAT WALL HURT !!

Anonymous
02-11-01, 10:01 AM
my piper cam cost me ?150 from demon tweeks

chuck in a set ov cam followers from the local motor factors and sum headbolts and u have not a lot ov monney for a lot more power,

the piper 270 cam i had also gave a lot more torque so the extra 10bhp(claimed by piper) made the car drive a lot nicer and quicker