PDA

View Full Version : removing steering wheel :(

Anonymous
30-10-01, 07:26 PM
last week that ice bloke spanky gave me a GTE steering wheel (cheers m8s by the way! the bumper is on now as well!) the problem is i cant my old 1 off, ive used the haynes manual as a guide, removed the horn cover and 2 wires then undone the retaining nut, then it says about a puller with outward facing legs or something but i dont have 1 of these, is there any other way of removing the wheel, wot have u lot found in the past with removing steering wheels, i would really appreciate some help! thanks

Anonymous
30-10-01, 07:32 PM
depends how long its been on there for, un-do bolt but leave on the end of the thread (so dont smash u in face and also protects it i think) and pull and smack the little bar5tard till it comes off! i think halfords sell a tool for bout ?9 that u can use, use it and take it back to get ur money back!

[-flash.gif-]

Anonymous
30-10-01, 07:49 PM
im gona try and get a tool from some1 or somewhere at the weekend, its been on there since 1989 as far as i know, so maybe it aint ever coming off!?

Anonymous
30-10-01, 07:49 PM
lol ice? i think u mean nice :P Ryan is making a steering wheel puller so if u can wait a bit i'll borrow it, or alternativly do what 4 speed said, remember the valve spring compresser for my cylinder head ;)

Anonymous
30-10-01, 07:54 PM
yeh ill wait a while, u gona get a new wheel as well? im gona be home at 10 on friday nite after i finish work so i mite cu then or on saturday, ill take the wheel home and leave it there. we can do it when ryan has made the tool, then i can buy him and u a drink cause u know that ever since i liked novas ive always wanted 1 of those steering wheels! :D

by the way i did mean nice and not ice, lol. catch u soon m8

Anonymous
30-10-01, 10:56 PM
u dont need a puller, and halfords puller is like 45squid!! mine was the biggist bitch t o get off, u just gotta tap the bar the nut was on, with a hammer, takes a while but will come off !! but if u get puller its gonna make it 10times easier!!

Anonymous
30-10-01, 11:25 PM
i pulled the wheel off my car a also ripped the fuckin collapsable column out of place. ha was so funny i thought id done it then when i look and there was a piece of metal rod stuck to the end i shit one. in the end i just took it to vauxhall (takin the new wheel with me) and got them to take the wheel off usin a tool then fitted the new one there and then. job done

Anonymous
31-10-01, 01:28 PM
i would take it to vauxhall but round here the vauxhall lot are a bunch of twats!

Anonymous
01-11-01, 04:09 AM
I struggled for fucking ages trying to get my wheel off.....I bough a proper puller (made exclusively for the job of removing Vauxhall/Opel wheels), which cost ?8.50 or there abouts, and it took a minuet to get it off!

The proper puller is well worth the tiny cost!

Anonymous
01-11-01, 11:17 AM
Where did u get this ?8.50 puller from?

Anonymous
01-11-01, 03:04 PM
yeh where did u get it from!?