PDA

View Full Version : clutch on 1.4 sr

Anonymous
31-10-01, 02:00 PM
Me and "Cornish" are changing the clutch on his 1.4sr this afternoon.

Whats the best way to go about it as I have never changed a clutch with the engine and gearbox still in the car before.

So far, we have unbolted the end cover of the gearbox and taken off the circlip on the end of the shaft. But we cannot see how to withdraw it (no threaded hole in the end of the shaft like the haynes says).

Are we heading in the right direction?

Please help us!!!!!

Anonymous
31-10-01, 02:30 PM
Heeeeelllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!? ???????

Is anyone there?????????????????????

Anonymous
31-10-01, 02:37 PM
hello

Anonymous
31-10-01, 02:38 PM
sorry, that was an annoying post from me !!

Why is it that its whenever you need a response to an important question no fucker answers you, but when its a really non important post about an idea you had, every bastard replies !!!

Anonymous
31-10-01, 02:43 PM
Sods law. Every time.

Anonymous
31-10-01, 03:11 PM
yep!
I dont know nuffink about clutches... sowry!

Anonymous
31-10-01, 03:18 PM
You have to remove the bolt in the end of the shaft first. I think its a hex or torx bit fitting. As that uncrews, u can use a long bolt with the same thread in its place to give you some leverage.

Ickle footer! :P

Anonymous
31-10-01, 03:59 PM
the clutch cable thread is the same thread as the input shaft :D Changing a clutch is very easy and quick to do, ps if its a 5 speed box the haynes manual is about as usefull as a microsoft manual :D lol

Dave Pearce, hmm he mixes like a man with no hands

Anonymous
01-11-01, 12:12 PM
the first time i did a nova clutch i took the box off!

thats me and the whole "i dont need no haynes manuel" story all over again though :D

its been that long i cant rember how u do them , i think u need sum clutch clips made up as well i i cant rember how to pull the bar out sorry :(

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
01-11-01, 12:37 PM
3 peeps hanging on clutch cable!! to pull the shaft out

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

e reg shell almost gone!!