PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Nova

dudley
07-03-07, 06:41 PM
I was going to break my nova, because back beam is bent, came to my house at 3pm today and the car had gone off my drive- NICKED
It wasnt worth a great deal but its the principle of the thing, it had no t and t and wasnt insured, it was off the stop on the fuel guage,i,ve been to the local petrol stations, and they are checking their cctvs. i am still waiting for the police to get back to me!!
The car is a red nova 12i reg K498TFJ chassis vsx000093p4025296 stolen from Highbridge Somerset. any info text/ call 0776 136 0989 or any local police. thanks for reading this :mad: . Dudley

Ste L
07-03-07, 06:50 PM
pics of car would help make also

Jack
07-03-07, 09:53 PM
Reposted onto our local cruise site; hopefully someone may have spotted it.

Dave.
07-03-07, 10:03 PM
id say go round the local fields or local back alleys, chances are its probably been burnt out by now

Jack
07-03-07, 10:55 PM
id say go round the local fields
Have you seen how many fields we have round here? Its the countryside son, can't see nowt for fields lol

LUV2XLR8
07-03-07, 10:57 PM
il keep an eye out up my way, you never know, hope you get those theaving sods.

Jon_nova1
07-03-07, 11:06 PM
in all fairness you can laugh at the retards that bothered to steal it?

also, if it was parked on a public road, it may have been taken away, when i crashed my old one, i left it from around 4AM till around 10AM and it'd been towed, and they didn't even tell me

dudley
07-03-07, 11:17 PM
No it was stolen off my drive,which upset us. it had all but no fuel in it, we spent 3 hours driving around looking, we are in a seaside town and 2 minutes from the M5 and are in the country really. police finally got back to me at 7 pm, if /when they find it, it will cost ?105 recovery and ?12 a day storage! i would rather it was burnt out in some respects, then i wouldnt have to see it, but i would love to get the sods who stole it, low life scum indeed.

goldengraham
07-03-07, 11:18 PM
i got my nova from a mate, he got it stolen last december, police caught 3 people joyriding in it lol, once he got it back he didnt want it, so sold it to me,

i know the feeling, its the principle that someone has got your property and using n abusing it! grrr !!! CHAV'S most probably

give it a week or so and the police will eventually find it no doubt

dudley
07-03-07, 11:45 PM
Yep the police said generally older cars turn up within 24-48 hours, im kicking myself i didnt pull a lead or immobolise it,in some way ,but it was so low on fuel? gotta be someone local as we live in a dead end road, its a small town, i will find the person responsible. Grrrrr !!!:mad:

Jack
08-03-07, 09:31 AM
According to someone on CA, lots of cars have gone missing from Highbridge recently - check the local scrapyards, they've been taken for scrap for a fast buck. That would make sense considering the condition of the car.

Jon_nova1
08-03-07, 11:03 AM
it wouldn't be weighed in as you need the v5 for that, it may have been taken to a scrap yard for all of ?40-?50

wisewood
08-03-07, 11:56 AM
I hate the fact that the police stick a recovery fee and storage charge on your car when they find it for you. When it's located they put a sticker on saying "police have been notified" then eventually a truck comes to collect it. Why can't they just say "we've found your car, do you want to come and get it yourself, this is where it is".

I'll never forget someone (Tilly i think) had their GTE stolen and found it parked outside a house in some crappy estate not too far away, so they just walked up, got in, started it up and drove it back home again. That was stolen from their drive in the night - woke up to find the alarm an immobiliser sat on the drive where the car used to be lol

Never had a car stolen personally, had plenty of attempts though - just i've always been lucky enough to have total retards living near me who wouldnt know where to start trying to steal a car. No less than 4 damaged steering columns and 6 broken windows. Just on the novas... also had a window broken on my old clio when someone stole my wash bag from behind the drivers seat. It contained a mach3 razor, shave gel, and a toothbrush. F*ckers.

parrycakes
08-03-07, 02:48 PM
my ex boyfriend just robbed my car last night it is the worst feeling in the world now im not sure ill ever get it back.

Riggy
08-03-07, 02:52 PM
he sounds like a nice person

when mine got robbed last year the police told me where they had found it so i went down there and the copper asked me how i was goin to start it as the ignition was ****ed , i replied "the same way that they did" and proceeded to shove a screwdriver in the ignition lol

parrycakes
08-03-07, 02:53 PM
my poor pretty pink nova...:(

Dar
08-03-07, 02:56 PM
It contained a mach3 razor, shave gel, and a toothbrush. F*ckers.
Maybe they really wanted a shavelol

Luckly I have not had a car of mine pinched. I am ultra parinoid though and get up and look out the window at the cars & trailer if I hear the slightest little sound.

Matt2107
08-03-07, 03:08 PM
One of my mom and dad's neighbours had their caravan pinched.
Thing is it was blocked in by a tank of a volvo so the theives broke into the volvo... moved it out the way... nicked the caravan then put the volvo back lol.... it was a shame as they were an old couple... although there is some slight sick irony in the fact that the fella was the head of the local neighbourhood watch group :D

edit: parrycakes.. was that the one that had the really small pic in last months TV?

Jack
08-03-07, 03:23 PM
My old hatch was broken into twice - once in Yeovil and once in Bath. On both occasions they were unable to start the car, and only nicked trivial stuff (a handful of copied cds, an R/C car - sans controller and battery.... - and some broken headlights which I'd stuffed into a PIAA case, the real ones of which were in my headlamps lol), but its more annoying the damage they caused trying to get into the car.

The old saloon, and my Celica, have never been targetted, touch wood - although I'm always paranoid about the Celica and will never leave it unattended in a dodgy place. I even lock it up when its on Alex's farm!

Matt2107
08-03-07, 03:37 PM
Damn sheep...they are excellent car thieves... you can't be too careful when there's sheep around.

tom_bish
08-03-07, 03:57 PM
Theiving f**kers! I swear i've seen this car driving around the Chard/Taunton area before.. i think i've noticed it because the Reg is similar to my mates SRI which is K492 TFJ.

Novadave06
08-03-07, 04:12 PM
i feel sorry for you mate, i think you should get a SteeringStoplock for it if you get it bk in one piece :) hope you do !

Matt2107
08-03-07, 04:17 PM
Don't get the bar type ones.... if the car thief knows how to get through one they will use it as a lever to break the steering lock first.

dudley
08-03-07, 05:23 PM
GOOD NEWS PEEPS- car found in a lane 3 miles away. The copper came to my door and said the recovery people were on the way. I closed the door and got straight on the phone and told them not to bother! (?105). I raced out to it and there was another copper sat by it. Told him i would get it moved, i put a can of petrol in it, put the 4 wires back on the barrel, turned the key and got it home. They tried to nick a neighbours corsa first, then mine. I cant believe how simple it is to hotwire a nova? A new barrel and cowling and it will be back to normal, i bent the door frame back how it was. The police think they know whos stealing many vauxhalls in the area.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, take care of yours.Good job mine had little petrol in it!! :)

Jack
08-03-07, 05:31 PM
I think they'd have a job trying to hotwire mine lol

Dave.
08-03-07, 07:23 PM
brilant news, the best thing to do is not to get a stoplock, but get abpout a meter and half of chain, padlock 1 end to the seat frame or the floor, and wrap the other one around the spokes,and padlock it tight, that way the only way to nick it is to either use bolt cutters or remove the steering wheel.

like this

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/x_novadose_x/DSC00134.jpg

my dad has woned a cavalier 2.0l, a peugeot 306 and a 4dr saloon nova, every thome its never been nicked because of the chain, you cannot vut it off without bolt cutters, and you wont take the whole wheel off, youd just go to the next nearest car
hope this helps to keep your car safe again

Dave.
08-03-07, 07:25 PM
also, make sure the wheels on a full left had lock, then they cannot sit on the passenger seat to barrel it, and make sure the chain is at the bottom of the wheel, as close as poss to the floor, that way they cannot steal it or stear it

Jack
08-03-07, 07:48 PM
Seasoned TWOC-er would soon have that away. Apparently the best wheel locks to get are the disklocks that cover the entire steering wheel.

Dave.
08-03-07, 08:08 PM
ye but if you walk down the road with a pair of huge bolt cutters or a steering wheel and a wheel brase, people are going to think somethings abit odd

Jack
08-03-07, 08:10 PM
That's why the good lord invented bags, for putting stuff in :p

Mike
08-03-07, 08:16 PM
meh! disc locks are ****e!

i had my SR nicked, it had disc lock on, they just cut it in half with a blowtorch!! I found it with in the boot of the car when the police recovered it :S

draper
08-03-07, 08:24 PM
youll never stop someone taking a car if they really really want it !! my next one will be having a snap-off steering wheel, ignition re-wired c/w kill switch and a paging alarm !!

Lee
08-03-07, 08:24 PM
RJ's right to an extent, but the chain will stop the oppertunist thief. People with bolt cutters etc tend to be the pro's and they'll concentrate on something worth more.

dudley
08-03-07, 08:30 PM
A Big dog, its the only way.... i have a kern terrier,it sounds a vicious little thing, barks all day/night,but its afraid of its own shadow,fat lot of good she was------- shes got a new kennel overnight, its my nova !! :thumb:

flashbang
08-03-07, 08:34 PM
i really good 1 would be to make you key start switch under your chair or somewere hard to find

goldengraham
08-03-07, 09:04 PM
good news mate, i knew you'd get it back, luckily it ran out of petty lol, put a thatcham cat 1 alarm immobiliser on it, good luck with the pinching it then :)

mowgli
08-03-07, 09:20 PM
I have had quite a few attempts at theft over the years. There was a loose jawed mechanic at a local garage who told his mates about how fast my old car went. We had to endure about 3 months of regular attempts, including the tow-rags knocking on the door asking if it was the one that was for sale & could they have a test drive. I had to put the locks back in about a dozen times, they never got the steering lock off, but the injection pump relay was always on my bedside table just in case they ever did. Oh it was A reg & beige but with a 1.6 gte lump

Chunky Lover
09-03-07, 01:30 PM
i was working in a garage recently and a toyota yaris comes in about 4 years old and belonged to an asian couple. first thing we noticed was the alarm on the keyring seemed very complex and had its own screen. anyway got it open did a standard service and when i hopped in to turn it over i saw a small box below the barrel had a closer look and see 1,000 volts on the side! weather its was just a deterant or some thing the thing looked pretty serious, pretty funny if you put a camera in the car and paid some clueless chav to rob it!

Matt2107
09-03-07, 01:37 PM
South Africa is where it's at for anti car theft measures.

They have electrified door handles and flame throwers under the sills.

Car Jacking is serious over there... any resistance and your likely to just get shot.

Tarian
09-03-07, 03:43 PM
mine was stolen over a month ago - police was at the door in 5mins but they never found it - i was told by my mams friend that is was up the mountain - now its burnt out - i dont know who stole it tho - i live in a small village too so word would get around