PDA

View Full Version : single piece -> split folding

Anonymous
25-10-01, 01:34 PM
I'm hopefully getting an sri interior tommorrow ;) but as I have a single piece rear seat I don't have the brackets to fix the seats in.
I have a 1.3sr on my drive that has the brackets. Is it just a case of taking the brackets out of 1 car and putting them in the other or is it more complicated?
I need to know soon coz if I can't do it then I don't wanna go and buy the interior obviously!

Cheers
Andrew

:D Breaking: 1.3sr everything available mail me at a_valvona@hotmail.com :D

Anonymous
25-10-01, 01:38 PM
chop em out and weld them in the other car best to drop the fuel tank

the one for the backs doesn't have to be welded as the seatbelt bolt goes through it

what year is your car if it is early b or older the later type seats wont fit

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

e reg shell almost gone!!

Anonymous
25-10-01, 01:43 PM
Simple job mate, did mine a few weeks ago.. Then front seats just bolt into the existing mounts and runners.. The split rear bracket (bottom part of the seat), needs to have a hole drilled for it in the floor, close to where the rear seat-belt clips (the part the belt locks in to), just put a bolt through and tighten the bracket in place..
Jobs a good-un! Shouldnt take more than an hour from start to finish..

Hope this helps, Ben.

cheese@novaload.org.uk

Anonymous
25-10-01, 03:03 PM
Do ALL split rear seats have the wholes for the rear head rests?

Reason i ask is i'm gonna put my rear head rests in on sat and dont wanna cut the cloth to find they wont go in!

Cheers

Anonymous
25-10-01, 03:39 PM
I can't get one of the brackets out (the big one near the front). I have been drilling the spot welds but still can't get it out, should I get the angle grinder out? my car is a j reg 1.0

Anonymous
25-10-01, 03:52 PM
keep drilling you may need a larger drill then u expect

grinder is a no no as the fuel tank is right underneath!! :O

Anonymous
25-10-01, 04:21 PM
cheers! I will try bigger drill bits! prob is my drill is sh1t but my dad is gonna get another tonight :)
I'll keep you posted!

Anonymous
25-10-01, 05:21 PM
I have got it off! there's no stopping me now! Thanks ste I used a bigger drill bit it came off a treat. Just need to fit it into the other nova.
Will that quicksteel paste do? I can't see how I can bolt it the tank is in the way :-/

Anonymous
27-10-01, 02:36 AM
It really need so be in securely in case you have a crash or something (God forbid!)....you don't want the seat flying out into the back of your seat!
The quicksteel paste might be ok....I can't honestly say. I'd personally weld it in to be sure....or have it done if you don't have access to a welder.

It can be bolted in, but there's little space between the floor pan and the fuel tank......you'd have to drop it out of the way anyway to drill any holes or to weld, so you could check for what space you have spare.

I never got round to doing this in my old Nova as I found the seats wouldn't fit. I was trying to fit the Plaid type SR seats from an 86 model into my 83-A, and as Ste points out above, they don't fit......the locking mechanisms are different where the seat clips back into position. You'll be ok though since you have a later model.

(For any peeps with older models....you can still fit later spec seats......you just need the modded locking brackets that are welded to the inner rear-arch tops.)

Anonymous
27-10-01, 06:48 PM
Spoke to Colin Smith yesterday when I picked up the interior he says when he's done it he didn't even bother putting the front bracket on? So I think I will just glue it on, maybe weld at a later date?

cheers for your help ;)

Anonymous
28-10-01, 10:53 AM
you may not need the base bracket but you will deffo need the one for the backs

Anonymous
28-10-01, 03:36 PM
Oh, you have been taking advice from Mr Smith? Gte a second opinion!

Anonymous
01-11-01, 03:54 AM
You don't need the bottom central bracket for the base, as long as you don't mind it sitting down at an angle at the joint...oh, and moving back and forth all the time!