PDA

View Full Version : Rev counter install.........

Anonymous
28-10-01, 04:36 PM
I have currently got a 1.2 Nova merit, and am going to swap the Mk1 dash with a Mk2 one. I would ideally like to connect up the rev counter on the new dials, but I currently haven't got one. Does anyone know how to go about installing a rev counter and connecting it up to the dials?

Pickle

Anonymous
28-10-01, 05:08 PM
i think its a single wire that goes to your coil m8!!

Anonymous
29-10-01, 12:13 AM
aright pickle me old m8 how the hell are ya?
I'm sure its just the green wire to the + side of the coil, but someone on here will tell ya if that's right or not.
v5uk

[-itchscratch.gif-]
www.perpetualbliss.net

Anonymous
29-10-01, 03:42 AM
i used a multi-meter on the coil to find the right place to connect the wire to. then just run a new wire through the bulkhead and into the car.

Anonymous
29-10-01, 08:46 PM
Alright v5uk, I'm cool but things will be better when I get my dash and rev counter installed ...... ;)

It sounds like it is a simple task of connecting the wire to the coil - I take it that there is a wire specifically for the rev counter on the back of the dials. If you used a multimeter, Dannova12, how did you know where the right place was?

Cheers
Pickle

Anonymous
30-10-01, 05:07 PM
The green wire behind the clocks IS the rev counter wire.

Use a multimeter on the connections on the coil looking for a pulse whuch increases with revs (I think).

Anonymous
30-10-01, 05:14 PM
um not many multimeters can read a changing voltage as fast as a coil pulse. unless its a frequency meter one :D

Dave Pearce, hmm he mixes like a man with no hands

Anonymous
30-10-01, 06:25 PM
put a bulb on it!!

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

e reg shell almost gone!!

Anonymous
30-10-01, 08:08 PM
doooh! Wasn't thinking!!

Anonymous
31-10-01, 04:14 PM
Just to get this straight - get a lighbulb and place it on the coil. With revs the light will get brighter - that is the place to connect up the rev counter wire (green one) - correct?

Pickle