PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!

Anonymous
30-10-01, 12:44 PM
My car would not start last week when it was raining, it would turn over, but would not fire. Left it a day, it began to fire up but would not start!! So I got it towed up to my garage, he said something about HT leads. sprayed them with WD40 and it fired up.
But this morning the same kinda thing was happening, but it started, it is running but sounding rough as fcuk, I'll put foot down but it just aint going!! It keeps coughing and spluttering!!
I've tried taking the dizzy cap off an all the usual Bull shit but nothing seems to work!!
Will I just burn it and claim off the insurance??
I'm preying for someone to smash into me so I can get rid of the damn thing!! :(

Anonymous
30-10-01, 01:12 PM
do a service...
new leads/plugs/rotorarm/cap, clean coil connections and reseal also check and adjust timing

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

e reg shell almost gone!!

Anonymous
30-10-01, 01:24 PM
As our lord and saviour says - do all that and it will be fine...
Mine was doing the same thing a few weeks ago. Changed the leads, plugs and oil and its was fine. Spray some damp seal stuff on all the leads once they are swapped over to help protect them.

Finally i get a question i know how to answer - and ste jumps in first... bugger.
:D

Anonymous
30-10-01, 01:35 PM
And is all that costly, or relatively cheap?
Cos I dont wanna spend money on it - It's advertised in the local, I'm trying to sell it.
Oh yeah, I took the cold air filter away from the grill so that it wasn't getting as much cold air, will his help? :-/

Anonymous
30-10-01, 02:24 PM
possibly. check the plugs see if they look fucked. Take the disi cap off and check the contacts and see if the rotar arm is worn at all.

Rotar arm - ?3
Disi Cap - ?6
Leads - ?12
Plugs - ?15

Thats rough prices mate. If your going to do anything they are the 4 things I would change. Should sort the problem.

Anonymous
30-10-01, 04:22 PM
plugs ?15!!! :p are we talking bosch super 4's here!!!!

Anonymous
30-10-01, 04:27 PM
yeah

Anonymous
30-10-01, 05:10 PM
lol, turbo nutter bsatard plugs...lol +10bhp! hahahaha

Nova Community
Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

Anonymous
30-10-01, 05:11 PM
super 4's are the biggest waste of money (after lax flowers)

NGK R's are the best plugs eva and they cost no more than ?10 for 4 :D

Dave Pearce, hmm he mixes like a man with no hands

Anonymous
30-10-01, 06:22 PM
he's selling the car so a nice set of std champion ones will be fine

Anonymous
31-10-01, 08:37 AM
I took it up to the garage and he basically sprayed WD40 everywhere and it stopped, when we revved it you could see sparks at the Dizzy cap!
So he said if I wanted it sorted we'd new leads e.t.c......
But since I'm selling it anyway, I just carry a can of WD40 around ;)
I hate VeeDubs, I will never buy another one!!

Anonymous
31-10-01, 12:59 PM
surelly it would be a lot worse if sumbody came to look at the car and it wouldnt drive properlly??

why not go round the scrapy and see if u can bag yourself sum better bits cheap?

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
31-10-01, 02:10 PM
Well once It's been sprayed wi WD40 it goes well. And then it rains and it runs like shit!
It looks like I'm trading it in anyway, cos I haven't had a phonecall in the 5 weeks it's been advertised. :(