PDA

View Full Version : Nova rear disk handbrake cables

Lee H
06-03-07, 04:41 PM
Thought i'd start a new thread as have searched and can't find anything that will help me.

I am running rear disks and I cannot get the handbrake to work right, its 8 clicks until it works and if I adjust it anymore one wheel locks up so obviously the cables are wrong. I am using an extended Cav mk2 short cable and a Nova long cable (not sure which one).

I need to know which cables to use along with part numbers and pictures if possible? Also which cable goes to which wheel etc?

Use the Nova long cable and a Cav mk2 short cable is no good to me as an answer as there are so many variations of this, been and spent half hour checking cables at Vauxhall. Some Nova long cables go to the n/s rear wheel, some go to o/s rear wheel depending on age so they are obviously two different lengths of Nova long cable (as confirmed by Vauxhall).

Lee

Riggy
07-03-07, 02:44 PM
use both nova cables lee , but just have a bit of threaded bar welded on the nova short one so that it reaches the adjuster

Lee H
07-03-07, 02:47 PM
use both nova cables lee , but just have a bit of threaded bar welded on the nova short one so that it reaches the adjuster

Which Nova cables though as there are two different ones of each? Also no longer stocked at Vauxhall along with another few things I went in for last night :(

Riggy
07-03-07, 02:57 PM
mine has the long one that goes to the pass wheel , (late spec i think)

Lee H
07-03-07, 03:00 PM
Didn't realise you had rear disks? Thats the setup i've got on now but it won't pull the brakes evenly.

dan16v
07-03-07, 03:14 PM
Lee im going to be using the late nova long one so ill give you a shout as to how it goes if you dont get an answer before hand!

Riggy
07-03-07, 03:17 PM
Didn't realise you had rear disks? Thats the setup i've got on now but it won't pull the brakes evenly.

blue one mate :thumb:

Lee H
07-03-07, 03:25 PM
blue one mate :thumb:

Will have to nip up and have a look when you get it back.

stafford
07-03-07, 05:48 PM
im running corsa and astra cables my mate had a nova cable extended i took it into my local car shop and they found the astra and corsa were the closest using the origanal cable guides.

craig green
07-03-07, 08:48 PM
I keep asking this same question & frustratingly get that same reply.

Please post up your findings for all our benefits & those who search.

dan16v
06-04-07, 07:08 PM
cav mk2 sri is to short!! thats with using the late spec nova long! ffs!!

rc
06-04-07, 07:11 PM
ive used mk3 astra cables, works well, pulls evenly and will post up pics soon!!

Rich
06-04-07, 09:11 PM
Im going to be putting my rear beam on using mk3 astra cables. Ill post up how it goes. This way seems to have worked fine for people over on mig