PDA

View Full Version : Leaks!!!!!!

Anonymous
22-10-01, 06:44 PM
When its raining my car leaks down by the fuse box and drips to the floor, ive looked all over and cant figure out where the actually hole is. Any one have any ideas??? My car is constantly damp inside and also my battery goes dead after it has been raining but its fine when the weather is dry. Has anyone had similar problems as all my ICE has also started to get wet and im getting pissed off!!!

Anonymous
22-10-01, 06:51 PM
battery tray is rotten!

Dave Pearce, hmm he mixes like a man with no hands

Anonymous
22-10-01, 07:04 PM
lift up ur carpet on both sides at the front, fix the leak under the battery tray and try to dry the insulation under the carpet. If that stuff is soaked through u will be getting mushrooms (not magic 1's) growing from the carpet soon, and it takes months to dry on its own!!

Anonymous
22-10-01, 07:43 PM
may b u got a limited edition nova wiv a free water fall?!!

Anonymous
22-10-01, 09:13 PM
Yep....battery tray is the usual place to go. You'll have to lift the battery out to see properly as it's usually under the battery that goes, but anywhere along that seam can be dodgy. Check the same spot at the other side at the same time, as that goes too, letting water into the passenger's foot-well.

Also, under the plastic heater/fan cover, dirt can collect and it can rust through there too, letting water run down in the centre of the car. My old A-reg Nova had holes in all three places, hence the carpet got a bit wet!

If it's been leaking bad for a while, the sound proofing will need binning as it rots and smells like sewage...not nice!

I've got a small hole that's recently showed it's self, which is under the battery....best fix is to weld a plate over it, which is my plan. Fibreglass will do the job too, though it probably won't last more than a year or two.

Anonymous
23-10-01, 09:10 AM
I had this on my car ...which is why I sent it to a bodyshop to get a full respray and body mods and EVERYTHING done to it ...abit OTT but it was an excuse!
Best bit is weld and smooth a plate.

Anonymous
29-10-01, 01:45 AM
I took out the battey + other bits.

Wire wooled the tray down to bare metal.

Kurusted. Dryed. Sprayed with anti rust in a nice even coat. Silicon sealed the little bastard hole, sprayed over the top again.

Dryed for a bit more

All back together

(This is really a tempory fix until the point when my student loan arrives again,so I can go nuts with the cash ;)

Anonymous
29-10-01, 09:46 AM
haha, why go to all that trouble and wasted effert, dont think that will work too well. You should have got a fibreglass kit and put a fibreglass sheet under ur battery!!