PDA

View Full Version : brakes question

Anonymous
24-10-01, 12:22 PM
im gonna upgrade my brakes soon using second hand calipers and recondition them. i just want to know which vauxhall cars came fitted with the ATE calipers most people upgrade to so i know what to look for in the breakers.

thanx

Anonymous
24-10-01, 02:47 PM
where do you live. I just happen to have some ATE callipers of my SRi. with pads n disks (1000miles approx).

Anonymous
24-10-01, 02:48 PM
Make me an offer

Anonymous
24-10-01, 04:35 PM
are they the 256mm vented type. what pads and disks have they got on. are they in good nick. i dint know how much these things go for. i was offered a set for ?35 inc discs and pads they were off a calibra. ill need them delivering if you dont live in the manchester area. how much are you lookin at for em

Anonymous
27-10-01, 02:50 AM
They won't be the 256mm if they're off a Nova.

ATE are the company that made the callipers, so you don't want any old ATE brakes.....you want some off a Calibra (as the ones you were going to get), or an Astra GTE 16V, MKIII Cav SRi/GSi.....I don't know...there's loads with the larger brakes!
You can get larger ones too. (I'll sort out my brain first...so I can remember the stuff I've currently forgot....then mail you ;))

BTW...the NEW Corsa 1.4i 16V, 1.7DTi 16V and 1.8i 16V models come with 260mm vented disks/brakes as standard!
What's the bet they'll fit the Nova?