PDA

View Full Version : Bought another Corn snake.

Matt2107
05-03-07, 12:27 PM
We decided to drop in at a "newish" local reptile shop yesterday to see what stock they had.

We spotted a lovely 3 year old female Anery B Corn snake in with a classic phase male. Now I wasn't actually planning on buying anything but I saw pound signs.

It's coming up to breeding season and all my snakes are shagging away. Seeing as this one was well into breeding age, in good condition and already shacked up with a male we decided we had to have it.

Paid ?70 :eek: which was quite a bit but if she only lays 5 eggs this season she'll have paid for herself. If she wasn't already gravid from the male in the tank with her then she certainly is now... she's been with us for less than 24hours and has already been caught in the act with twice with different males.

I'll get some pics later.

That now brings the total up to 13 of various different size and age.

dannyb
05-03-07, 12:30 PM
she's been with us for less than 24hours and has already been caught in the act with twice with different males.

Dirty bitch lol

Matt2107
05-03-07, 12:35 PM
They're all bloody rampant.

The males "persue" the females round and round the tank knocking over plants and hides until she's knackered... then she give in, he lifts her tail up and thats it.

The rest for a while then it all starts over again. lol

wisewood
05-03-07, 12:36 PM
13... multiply that by 6 in a few months lol

Matt2107
05-03-07, 12:40 PM
13... multiply that by 6 in a few months lol

I really can't have anymore. lol
I may have to thin out as I have too many males still.

I've also looked at all the local pet shops and identified that no one seems to breed a particular colour... hence buying the latest addition.

I'll be gurranteed at least 2 adults breeding variations of that colour.

bobby p
05-03-07, 04:11 PM
i gave a corn snake away yesterday with tank. 4yr old fully grown red with yellow stripe. she was nice but dont have the room coz ive got a chameleon and 2 bearded dragons an albeno buermese. might be getting rid of the dragons an chameleon.

Matt2107
05-03-07, 04:13 PM
I like freebies... you should have given it to me :D

Adam
05-03-07, 04:17 PM
I hate snakes :p Lol

bobby p
05-03-07, 05:09 PM
there pretty cool. except wen they get to big

Matt2107
06-03-07, 08:17 AM
The bigger the better.. because then you can just put them on the sofa and not worry about them crawling off behind the skirting boards.

Tim
06-03-07, 04:22 PM
i want another snake, i had a grey corn called dave (its a long story), who just died for no apparent reason. if your going to give any away or sell any i will deffo have 1 off you. they are great pets. and the missus love then 2, better that the jack russell she used to have that would attack me on a daily basis. little bastid

Tim

Matt2107
06-03-07, 04:30 PM
I may have a massive adult male for sale soon called Trojan.
He used to be overweight but I've put him on a diet and he's really slimmed down now. Not sure how hold he is but he's a big boy.... biggest corn I've seen.

Will also have plenty of babies as I now have 3 breeding pairs :D

bobby p
06-03-07, 06:23 PM
dreadin me buermese gettin fully grown it will eat me.

Driver
06-03-07, 06:32 PM
used to have a milk snake

got out one day and havnt seen it since

novaco
06-03-07, 07:35 PM
If she wasn't already gravid from the male in the tank with her then she certainly is now... she's been with us for less than 24hours and has already been caught in the act with twice with different males.

I'll get some pics later.

of them doing 'it'? :eek: lol

Matt2107
07-03-07, 10:48 AM
of them doing 'it'? :eek: lol

If you really want me to.... although if there's enough interest I may have to start taking credit card numbers :D

wisewood
07-03-07, 11:01 AM
three words. Paypal, Dot & Com.

lol

Jack
07-03-07, 11:13 AM
I'm not sure the works firewall would like me looking for snakesex.com lol