PDA

View Full Version : X20XEV engine with Kawa ZZR-1100 carbs

CorsaBBoomer
05-03-07, 12:27 PM
Hi all,

Since the UK became the country where they do lot's of weird stuff with upgrading engines I hope to find my answer here ;)

I have a X20XEV engine lying around here for my project-Nova and yesterday a friend of mine came with this crazy? idea... He told me that it would be possible to place the carbs from a Kawazaki ZZR-1100 with the ignition coil on to the X20XEV and I should be able to eliminate all electrical stuff from the engine like computer, sensors etc. And offcourse a big upgrade in performance :confused:

Is this anyway possible since the parts are available here and always wanted to do something else...
Anybody have more info or pics about putting these sorts of carbs on a car-engine?
I would be very thankful for anything useful and when the project starts I will surely keep you all updated. :thumb:

rybo
06-03-07, 12:41 AM
youll need to run ignition on custom engine management or sort the immoboliser chip out to use sandard one and junk injection side of loom...using a c20xe engine (redtop) would be a lot easier i reckon...youd pick one up probably cheaper than you could buy the custom ecu for

rybo
06-03-07, 12:42 AM
but a company called bogg brothers over here can make inlet manifolds and seem to know a lot about it

CorsaBBoomer
06-03-07, 05:30 AM
Thx fot the info allready Rybo.
I allready know about the Bogg Bros, I yesterday went trough the forum a bit and found a similar thread (I should use the search more in the future) with their link.

I know the C20XE is far more easier but that's why I want the X20XEV because everyone with the nova-engine-swap has a red-top but nobody the eco-thing... And the idea of a Nova-Ninja thing kinda atrackts me.

The immobiliser wasn't on that car, don't ask me why but my friend where I have the engine from has a flat key without the chip in his Calibra. He has swapped to the C20XE a couple of years ago due to the X20XEV not running well a that time but when having it lying around here I found that the timing of the engine didn't match zip... And problems with the sensors too and that's why I wanna use it with the carbs so I can let all that electric stuff out of there and have a basic setup with no fuss around.
The inlet manifolds shouln't be a problem since I work in a factory where they make busses so...
The only thing is the ignition. I'm gonna send the Bogg Bros a mail and see what I'll find out.

rybo
07-03-07, 12:24 AM
youll still need a few sensors i think..for some reason my x14xe came out of my m-reg corsa sri and had no chip..noboy else seems to have seen this...i just assumed it was a minority during changeover,,i did the xe for the same reason as you but hope to run bike carbs too eventually(my dad has a zzr1100 ha...heres mine...nearly there
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w211/rybo8655/Photo-0034.jpg

CorsaBBoomer
07-03-07, 12:36 AM
Hi,

Looking good there m8 and hopefully it'll work out like you want it.
ut I don't think there is a reason for other sensors to be present, only for the timing of the ignition but I think I found something from a friend of mine who did a C20XE and also had problems with the ignition and placed it at the belt-side of the engine straight on the cam. And since older engines don't have cpu's there must be a way to find ignition with a coil and how do you call it, dizzy? The round thing were the cables come out for the spark plugs wich was mechanical in the old days and not electronic like on the X20XEV...
I will give my friend a ring this week (has been a few years so it's gonna cost me some beer) and hope to inform you soon about this idea.
But I find it very quiet on this matter on this forum...
No other ones who have tryd this sort of thing on a big block? And do the carbs from the ZZR-1100 give enough fuel when they are on a big block like the X20XEV???

Tou'll find pics of my Nova and engine on http://www.corsabboomer.be/caa.htm

rybo
07-03-07, 12:42 AM
yeh but im not sure how you go a bout seting them up-you cant fit a dizzy to the x14,x16,x20 etc they have electronic ignition hence custom engine management is needed for carbs,throttle boddies etc,best of look tho...be good to see that one develope