PDA

View Full Version : GSI brake calipers

Anonymous
24-10-01, 12:49 PM
i have a seized caliper on my 13sr, so i was thinking of fitting gsi calipers. i aint gonna change servos just calipers over, but what i want to know is how different are gsi brakes from my mk 1 sr, they much better?? and if i get gsi calipers will i also have to buy gsi discs and pads or would i get away with my sr ones?

i cant fit 16v brakes cos i aint got right wheels for them to fit.

cheers
Dave

Anonymous
24-10-01, 01:26 PM
They are completely different so you would need pads/discs aswell. The discs are the same size except wider and vented.
They work loads better than standard sr callipers!!!
If you get a set 2nd hand, try and get them with discs/pads!

Anonymous
24-10-01, 02:50 PM
GSI Calipers are much better but be careful that the sliders function properly as they have a habit of seizing then warping your disks, also you need minimum 14inch rims for them to fit

Anonymous
24-10-01, 06:13 PM
i got those mental gsi 3 spokes alloys lol.

ill have a butcher for some gsi brakes but im skint, so any going cheap?????

Anonymous
24-10-01, 07:59 PM
get sum from a standerd corsa if u can

there was sum mk2 1.6 cavaliers made with ate calipers which will fit with standerd sr pads and discs.

these ate callipers will fit under 13" steel wheels (just!)

they shud cost ?5 each from a scrappy and they work a lot better than the gte/sr crap fitted as standerd (even with the same discs!)

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
24-10-01, 09:32 PM
I didnt release how crap my GSi brakes where until I fitted astra gte disks and calipers with braided hoses .If I was you I would just get those and be done with it

Anonymous
25-10-01, 12:24 AM
wot corsa should i not get the brakes off? i reckon corsa be my best bet for brakes cos there womens cars and they cant drive. and i aint sure wot ate brakes look like so it be difficult for me to find mk2 1.6 cavvy

cheers for help lads

Anonymous
25-10-01, 12:48 AM
crap, there far better than normal callipers though!!!

Anonymous
25-10-01, 05:25 PM
I'm sellin a set of gsi caipers and brand new mintex discs and pads. Offers?? I'm in glasgow

For Sale- 15" TSW Stealths Good tyres ?220
35mm offset

Anonymous
25-10-01, 05:35 PM
dont like offering a price for stuff, for 2 reasons. 1 there either wrecked or 2 you want more than there worth.

Anonymous
26-10-01, 12:21 AM
yep, dont put offers, cuz wel put like
50p