PDA

View Full Version : Turbo help required - esp to Ste! and Andy Bishop

Anonymous
21-10-01, 03:00 PM
Just brought a mk2 astra with calibra turbo engine and 6 speed box, and before I go about swapping it into the nova I want to know all the extra bits (if any)I'll need before I start,

Going to make the front panel boltable to make the turbo/rad access easier

I'm using a 1600 at the moment will I need the larger diesel radiator?,

Going to see how long the shafts I've got last with the nova outers!

remove oil cooler?
run air filter to turbo pipe thru the inner wing or can you trim back the front panel to make it fit,

6 speed box - too much work or worth it in the long run - but need to remove transfer box first because its huge, and I'm not sure if the nova linkage will mate up to it,

questions, questions???
anyone got any answers or great ideas?

Anonymous
21-10-01, 08:01 PM
A diesel rad and cool running thermostat will sort out the cooling for the engine a treat.

Then just engine mount to worry about (and banging the inner chassis leg in).

Nova linkage should work fine (just spin the white nylon part around 180degrees which may need filing).

Only problem with having an oil cooler is that the drivers side front wheel will catch on full left lock - but with a bigger rad, the oil will be kept cooler anyway as the engine will be cooler. (I'm not using one on my 16v).

Unsure about the turbo pipe though.

Anonymous
21-10-01, 10:27 PM
td rad will NOT fit, unless u re-end it

cut front panel for pipe

oil cooler fits fine if you make some ally plates to protect it

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

e reg shell almost gone!!

Anonymous
21-10-01, 10:28 PM
as for the oil cooler prob how about a oil to water cooler and then with the bigger rd the prob is sorted :D just an idea

Dave Pearce, hmm he mixes like a man with no hands

Anonymous
22-10-01, 08:45 PM
My...hum....Cortina!....has got a gearbox oil-cooler built into the bottom of the normal radiator.....can you get a similar rad from some other vehicle to cool the water and engine oil in one unit? Just an idea ;)

Anonymous
24-10-01, 10:42 AM
Vauxhall Senator has that type of rad, might be a bit big though.

tony

Anonymous
24-10-01, 07:41 PM
I've just been looking in the Vauxhall Brochure for the NEW Corsa, and I noticed that the Auto model has a Rad as I described above.....that may be ok to use in the Nova....maybe?