PDA

View Full Version : aggagagahhhrrrrr Fecking Fuel Lines !

Anonymous
15-10-01, 02:28 PM
I have just fitted a 2.0l 8v and I have got hold of a GTE fuel tank and pump which I am part way through fiting. I know I have to upgrade my fuel lines rom the SR rubber ones to metal ones but I can't get the fucking things anywhere. I phoned Vauxhall and they only do the rubber ones. I called my local auot shop and they do copper ones but its just piping on a reel and the ends won't be belled out like they should be ?

where can I get them as I need them desperately to get my car finnished. or can I use these copper pipes which dont have the belled ends on them ?

cheers

Anonymous
15-10-01, 08:57 PM
I used the copper stuff, u haveto cu it with a hacksaw or dremel like i used. Then use some decent wide jubilee clips to join. I think its 1/2 inch to join the metal pipes going from the pump to the engine and back. And a 3/4 pipe going from the fuel tank to the pump.
Dont forget to fit the fuel filter!!!
If u need anymore info post on here!!
Think i used 1.5M of 1/2 inch, 1m of 3/4 inch, and a few metres of the copper tube but its cheaper to buy a roll!!

Anonymous
16-10-01, 10:40 AM
cheers Dicko, I'll be doing it on saturday so I'll let you know how I got on.

nice 1

Anonymous
16-10-01, 10:19 PM
Sure, no worries, dont forget to put the rubber pieces from the sr lines on the metal tube b4 u fit!! Stops it from wearing holes!

I did mine by starting the way the fuel flows, so from the back i fitted 1 end, and ran it along, and cliped it on as i unrolled the tube from the role!

Dicko

Anonymous
21-10-01, 10:46 PM
get a pipe flare'er they arent that expensive and its a bit more of a pro job then :D

Dave Pearce, hmm he mixes like a man with no hands