PDA

View Full Version : looking for advice

scottishstu
02-03-07, 08:58 PM
hi guys
hope full use can give me some help and advice?
just before xmas my car was stolen , long story , any way wasent right after i got it back problems starting etc kept cutting out every so often , so took it to a garage they said head knackered , so put it in to get skimmed , so just got it back yesterday , starts drives great etc temp gadge fine the only problem i have is that there seems to be a lot of smoke more than normal coming out the exhaust !!!
any ideas????:roll:

cooper_nova
02-03-07, 09:23 PM
what colour is the smoke? blue is usualy burning oil and white usualy means water or condensation

tom reid
02-03-07, 09:23 PM
What colour is the smoke?
Does it smoke when it's hot or cold.

How many does it smoke a day? lol

Lee
02-03-07, 09:27 PM
If smokes blue and constant, suspect rings have gone, which is a bottom end rebuild. White indicates water, but your temp guage is fine so i doubt its that. Grey smoke probably means its overfueling, in which case wed need to know the engine to go any further.

scottishstu
02-03-07, 10:55 PM
i would say it is a grey sort of smoke , what can i do to sort this? has the garage done the head properly? it isnt all the time comes from time to time , its a mk2 1.4 sri
cheers
stuart:confused:

Lee
03-03-07, 10:18 AM
Overfuelling can be caused by many things, but on an MPi i would start by looking for air starvation, so thats dirty filter, or they could have bashed the fpr when they took the head off.

End of the day, take it back to them!