PDA

View Full Version : Anybody own a radar/laser detector

Anonymous
20-08-01, 10:57 PM
I am becoming increasingly right foot happy and am getting quite concerned about my licence if I get caught. What are people's general opinions to radar/laser detectors? You can pickup standard ones for under ?150 and the mid range ones cost about ?300. There are loads of different ones on the market but I would probably spend around ?250 and as there are fully portable I can take it out my car when I sell it.

Cheers

Anonymous
21-08-01, 02:25 PM
good idea as long as they work right...
saw a review once which showed some of them alarming you when there was no need...
some other everyday items can in some cases produce the same reaction.

andrew.tunnicliffe@whitbread.com
ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET

Anonymous
21-08-01, 05:58 PM
mmmmmmmm dont get one they are fcukin anoyin!!! ma m8 bought one for bout ?30 and it works some times but it also picks up traffic lights etc, so it beebs alllllllll the time, he then gave another one of me m8's a shot 2 go down England and he was flashed cummin back up so they dont work!!!!!

but other people may have different views o this :)

:) mmmmm same shit different Day :)

Anonymous
22-08-01, 09:51 AM
You get what u pay for with them, if you paid ?50 for a respray you wouldn't expect it to last for years would you ?
My m8 has one of the ?250 ones and it is brilliant. If u get one make sure it is a UK one, coz the other ones work on different frequencies.

Ease Yourself Back Into Conciousness !!!!!
:D

Anonymous
22-08-01, 11:35 PM
Well, I have decided to buy one and have which one I want (Snooper 715is), I will order it tomorrow. It costs around ?170 see http://www.snooper.co.uk/sd715i.htm

Only thing I need now is more power for the car to make it any use :)

Anonymous
24-08-01, 09:32 AM
Thing is, is the radar gonna tell you when a little kid is about to run out in front of your car? Just a thought.

"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winnings winning!"

Anonymous
24-08-01, 09:55 AM
True, however I don't speed in built up areas it's pointless and stupid. I only speed on the A and B road's on the way to my girlfriends after I finish work, but I see what you saying.

Anonymous
24-08-01, 10:23 AM
I wasn't getting at you darlodge :) I just thought I would post a message from an alternative perspective. I'm sure you're a very good driver and not an idiot. I don't want to see a fellow Nova owner suffering for the rest of their life after killing a small child. Just take care mate, and hopefully you wont get caught by the police and have to give the government yet more money.

Jim

"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winnings winning!"

Anonymous
18-10-01, 06:04 PM
darlodge,
hows ya Snooper radar ?? working ok???????
I used to have one ages ago ...thought it was pants!
What are the more expensive ones brands? (i.e. the ?250 one).