PDA

View Full Version : Big Valve Head Running Rough!

Anonymous
16-10-01, 10:21 AM
Ive an 89(f)gte fitted with a big valve head, the engines done 122,000 B,Vheads only done bout 30,000, Lately my cars running a bit rough, Apparently my airflow meters dodgy and my ecu keeps loosing its memory, luckily my m8's got a crashed gte engine intact, anyone know if nicking the airflow and ecu will this run ok wid the head? Also ive got my hands on a high lift cam but ive heard that they dont run properly in town ect? is it worth putting the cam on or should i just rebuild my engine?

Anonymous
16-10-01, 10:38 AM
is the ecu logging a fualt ??

If it isn't kev it isn't worth it !!!

Anonymous
16-10-01, 01:56 PM
I dont think the gte;s priduce fualt codes. Thats should fix ya prob my, if not i have all the parts spare aswell. The cam will be fine if its a fast road cam. But if its a rally cam it wont idle well around town!
Dicko

Anonymous
16-10-01, 03:22 PM
Dont know about it logging a fault, just what some guy said at a garage but i dont trust them to work on my car! Not sure if its a fast road cam ill have to ask the lad who i got it off. Is it a simple as bolt then new ecu and flow meter on or will i have to get it set up?

Anonymous
16-10-01, 07:20 PM
yea gte's have a ecu light in the middle of the dash. get some one with a fault code reader to check it . it sounds like a fault i had with my old gte. it was a faulty voltmeter power thing or something.

If it isn't kev it isn't worth it !!!

Anonymous
16-10-01, 09:25 PM
Its a piece of piss m8. The engine will run dodgy for a bit becuz the ECU tunes itself!

U might need the CO2 setting up if ur replacing the airflow meter, but shouldnt make much difference to performance!

Anonymous
16-10-01, 10:52 PM
What cam? I got a 280 Piper cam in my 1.6 and its OK around town and idles fine.The main difference is that the power band is moved up the rev range. In reality all it means is that you have to drop a gear and boot up sum revs if you want full power and you naturally adjust your driving style - trust me!

Anonymous
16-10-01, 11:52 PM
Cheers 4 the help, just found this site and u lot seem to know what your talking about, the lads on holliday who's got the cam so ill find out the crack next week, There's no light on my dashboard but im gonna swap the ecu at the weekend and airflow meter,
Cheers Daz