PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Crooker Hates Macs

Jack
01-03-07, 12:32 PM
Bit of light lunchtime entertainment:

"The only way to have fun with a Mac is to poke its insufferable owner in the eye" (http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/story/0,,2006031,00.html)

lol

Dar
01-03-07, 12:49 PM
lol Emailed to my mate who has gone from PC to Mac and is trying to convert me! Two hopes and Bob is one of them:D

Stuart
01-03-07, 01:00 PM
LOL i read that not long after i got my macbook.

I like the macbook as its easy to use (no fecking about trying to make things work), the internet seems to laod faster on it and photoshop is good... but im not fully converted as there are a couple of things it cant do (mobile phone software seems the biggest problem but no massive issue) Win xp pro cna go on in dual boot :)

I have noticed its a mega clicky thing, people that own macs try and sell them to non mac folks, and people that dont ahve them look on them as toys. Meh i know that the macbook is better specced than most other laptops i could buy for the same money and the OS does far more as std than windoze does..

Novadex
01-03-07, 02:20 PM
lol just sent to my dad who has an apple for a head.

wisewood
01-03-07, 02:54 PM
Back when i was at school we had the whole place kitted out with shiney new Macintosh's. They became obsolete quickly, but in their day were awesome.

I will be getting a mac when my pc or laptop needs replacing.

Stuart
01-03-07, 03:12 PM
imho id never entertain a desktop mac (bar the mac mini for use at the TV) as it would feel too limiting... it dosent seem a problem with a laptop though lol.

mandy i have a disc you'd like when you get a mac ;)

wisewood
01-03-07, 03:18 PM
i want a mac mini. not forking out for a bloody G5 or anything.

Tim
01-03-07, 05:10 PM
i love my mach 3, it vibrates and everything, lol

Welsh Dan
01-03-07, 11:41 PM
you are being assimilated.

:D

rdanny
01-03-07, 11:52 PM
anyone got a link to some mac laptops/notebooks? i never even thought of looking down that road

Stuart
02-03-07, 07:58 AM
www.apple.com/uk (http://www.apple.com/uk) click on "store"

apple fix their prices so even other shops charge the same..
I got mine from PC World with reserve online as they gave away a free digital camera with it. Managed to wangle 2 cameras from the deal lol.