PDA

View Full Version : Team Crazy Front End Nova

Robo
28-02-07, 11:02 AM
UPDATE!!!

The front X Member is sheared off on the nearside and has started on the inner wing:eek: The weld around where the stengthen is torn along the weld line.

What the best material to use the reenforce it more
Cheers

My nova is a bit team crazy one the front end when i try to accelarate, what I mean is when i do it feels dangerous and i don't want that.:cry: I have just ordered some new coilovers which will be coming tomorrow:thumb: . when I do accelarate the car is all over the road and it's not torque steer:wtf: .

So any suggetions would be very helpfully

Cheers:thumb:

Sirnixalot
28-02-07, 11:07 AM
check the bushings to see if they are rotten/torn, any loose bolts and get the toe setup on the car (tracking i think its called over here).

Robo
28-02-07, 11:08 AM
check the bushings to see if they are rotten/torn, any loose bolts and get the toe setup on the car (tracking i think its called over here).

Forget to say there are no bushes on all running rose joints

craig green
28-02-07, 11:09 AM
shot engine mounts can have a similar effect.

Get a garage to evaluate the condition of all the front end bushes, ball joints & moving suspension parts.

Stuart
28-02-07, 11:30 AM
have you had it all aligned? if not then that would make the car feel gay

carls nova sri
28-02-07, 01:01 PM
i had a similar problem and it was the front valance were the tie rod mounting is it had split so had to buy a new valance

Robo
28-02-07, 01:50 PM
i had a similar problem and it was the front valance were the tie rod mounting is it had split so had to buy a new valance

What do you mean by front valance????:confused:

Do you mean were the tie bar mounting or the track rod ends????

Never hear of this before

Please do explain:tard:

Cheers

Stuart
28-02-07, 02:03 PM
the front X member where the tie bar brackets bolt to can corrode and with an XE they can get ripped out/crack so it all floats about an generally makes the car feel like its on jelly

Jim Mcrae
28-02-07, 02:12 PM
IS it powerful, as lots of power going though front wheels can be a handful

Jon_nova1
28-02-07, 10:16 PM
mine did this!!!

i didn't tighten the wheel bolts properly:eek:

carls nova sri
28-02-07, 10:55 PM
What do you mean by front valance????:confused:

Do you mean were the tie bar mounting or the track rod ends????

Never hear of this before

Please do explain:tard:

Cheers

what i mean is if you lift the bonnet look at the tie-bar front mountings towards the front of the car check around that area for cracks or splits or put the hand brake on and pull forward till it bites then get a mate to watch the mountings for movement or get him to look at the wheels to see if they move back and forward

Robo
01-03-07, 10:54 AM
mine did this!!!

i didn't tighten the wheel bolts properly:eek:

CRAZY Fool lollol

Well I'm pretty sure it not that

I will check for cracks/ripp's when I fit the coilovers and see if the X Member is damaged at all.

dj_wudgey
01-03-07, 10:59 AM
bit off the point mate but sweet motor ive seen you drivin it around doncaster but not reecently you may have seen mine white mk1 sr had speedlines on it but i had to take them off when i lowerd it sum more???? but yea that been taken off the road now untill pv show. well mint car anyway mate later

Robo
01-03-07, 11:14 AM
bit off the point mate but sweet motor ive seen you drivin it around doncaster but not reecently you may have seen mine white mk1 sr had speedlines on it but i had to take them off when i lowerd it sum more???? but yea that been taken off the road now untill pv show. well mint car anyway mate later

Cheers Pal

My car just being tempermental, no to sure if I have seen you though..

Not being to te dome for a bit, is that where you have seen it?

benthehash
01-03-07, 07:48 PM
my engine ripped my valance in half and that was just my tinkered 1.6 8v must be doing something rite :thumb:

no rust honest:roll:

haha

Robo
01-03-07, 10:22 PM
Ha Ben!!!

Your car still in your garage..

What taken it so long to come out?:wtf:

Paul
02-03-07, 12:09 PM
check that the bolts going through tie bar tca's and ball joints are tight also