PDA

View Full Version : ashley exhaust systems

raymond
27-02-07, 06:06 PM
ive just invested in one are they any good in anyones opinion also how lud are they :thumb:

Riggy
27-02-07, 06:23 PM
i love ashleys the make me laugh ,

cheap and cheerfull , but they are quite loud specially on a vlaver lol

raymond
27-02-07, 06:42 PM
thats what i thought they were quite cheap :)

Adam
27-02-07, 06:45 PM
They are top notch exhausts, i've had a few systems/backboxes, and ashley have always fitted well.

If you dont like noise tho dont get a ashley lol

raymond
27-02-07, 06:47 PM
oh great the neighbours are going to love me lol

Mike
27-02-07, 06:51 PM
ive ahd Magnex's, Sportex's, Mongoose's and Ashley's, and tbh i can honestly say that the Ashley systems are excellent value for money and far superior to the other brands meniond

?127 notes for a system, mild steel it maybe, but there nothing at all to be sniffed at! They fit perfect, sound very nice (imho) and do what there supposed to do

Adam
27-02-07, 06:55 PM
Mines been on for well over and a year and is no rustier than it was the day i fitted it.

Mike
27-02-07, 06:57 PM
Mines been on for well over and a year and is no rustier than it was the day i fitted it.

Same :D cant be said for my sportex manifold tho :(

Adam
27-02-07, 07:00 PM
Aye, definently avoid Sportex, heard stories of systems banging transmission tunnel, manifolds rubbing the sump etc.

Mike
27-02-07, 07:01 PM
Aye, definently avoid Sportex, heard stories of systems banging transmission tunnel, manifolds rubbing the sump etc.

i noticed that the sportex manifold ive just taken off, was literally about 10mm from the sump, if that :S

The next purchase ill be making tho will definetly one of Ashley's XE conversion Manifolds for a nova :D as i get free delivery aswell :D hehehehe

Iain
27-02-07, 07:03 PM
?127 notes for a system, mild steel it maybe, but there nothing at all to be sniffed at! They fit perfect, sound very nice (imho) and do what there supposed to do
Fit perfect to the original downpipes or just when coupled with the Ashley manifolds?

Mike
27-02-07, 07:07 PM
perfect fit to either standard or aftermarket manifold :D

raymond
27-02-07, 07:09 PM
so all in all it was money well spent :thumb:

Mike
27-02-07, 07:13 PM
in my personal opinion yes they are, where as others may beg to differ tho

ive been using Ashley exhausts (on road an rally cars) for about 3 years now, and been very impressed with there levels of service and also the qaulity of the product with regards to the price :D

As they sell factory direct, you dont have to **** about calling up shops, asking them this and that etc and there mongole staff have no idea lmfao!! (Halfruds ;))

Ash
27-02-07, 09:36 PM
As said, Ashley are **** hot! TBH mines not that overly loud, going from a standard system with a stainless magnex to a full Ashley system, the differances were: much, much nicer note/tighter sound. and more manifold noise that sounds ace. A lot less back pressure (the magnex increased it off the standard :s) Perfect fit as well.

Mike
27-02-07, 09:54 PM
did you know that Mr Ashley used to rally a nova way WAY back in the day

Ash
27-02-07, 10:26 PM
iirc, Ashley use the same design as the group A rally cars (al thought i think there all the same now), plus the nova sport came with it's famous red Ashley back box.

Nova's and Ashley exhausts - a match made in heaven

raymond
28-02-07, 04:26 AM
great stuff ill wait for it to arrive:thumb:

london_chris
28-02-07, 07:41 AM
do they make a full system
with a jap style 3inch backbox?

Stuart
28-02-07, 08:41 AM
lmfao @ "jap style"

thye make simple exhausts that do their job. not horrid gash things that make the car fart

london_chris
28-02-07, 08:44 AM
lmfao @ "jap style"

thye make simple exhausts that do their job. not horrid gash things that make the car fart

im not on about the sort of thing you are thinking of, i imagine you think i meant like a 6inch jap,burnt tip exhaust for a supra to be put on a nova lol, i am only after a very small can of that style as i prefer the look and the way its manufactured to the roll in/roll out exhausts, and with the right set up creates a fantastic noise

london_chris
28-02-07, 08:45 AM
i find that roll in/out boxes sound like a fart or a underpowered blocked up hoover lol

Adam
28-02-07, 12:52 PM
The end tip makes no difference to the noise output... Its just a tip.

Iirc ashley just make simple rolled out 3/4" single exits for novas.
I was thinking of going a custom exhaust place and having a different tip put onto mine, as i have a mk1 system on a mk2 car so the box sits too low(meant for mk1 bumper cutout)

Saloony
28-02-07, 01:47 PM
i find that roll in/out boxes sound like a fart or a underpowered blocked up hoover lol

Ummm.. lets ask the boys at the meet what they thought of mine and the girlies nova. We both have ashley systems, difference being mine is a XE saloon and hers is a 1.3 hatch. Both a far from sounding like a wet fart. And as said its not whether its rolled makes the sound.

benny f gsi,n it
28-02-07, 01:55 PM
hey i have just put a full ashley system on my gsi, manifold all the way back! very good quality althought potn (suppliers) were a little out of knowlage as i told them it was goin on a ashley system and they sent standard lenght which was to short so had to pay extra for a new longer down pipe but finally on and great!

Saloony
28-02-07, 02:01 PM
hey i have just put a full ashley system on my gsi, manifold all the way back! very good quality althought potn (suppliers) were a little out of knowlage as i told them it was goin on a ashley system and they sent standard lenght which was to short so had to pay extra for a new longer down pipe but finally on and great!

Next time then either use ashley themselves or Midland Performance.

Adam
28-02-07, 02:03 PM
Rally Design are top notch for Ashley stuff, quite cheap too.

london_chris
28-02-07, 05:52 PM
[quote=Long Live The Nova]The end tip makes no difference to the noise output... Its just a tip.
quote]

i didnt mean that, i think the internals are different on all backboxes and japcans i fell sound nicer, personal opinion

Adam
28-02-07, 05:57 PM
Jap cans have less silencing material/space so they sound louder.

I used to have a jap can on my old mk3 astra,lmao.

Riggy
28-02-07, 06:29 PM
I used to have a jap can on my old mk3 astra,lmao.

PMSL you CHAVlol lol lol lol lol lol lol :D

Adam
28-02-07, 06:40 PM
Lol :p:p