PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove the insides of my mirror

Anonymous
09-10-01, 05:04 PM
MY sidemirror (the glass) has snapped away from its housing. I just happen to have a spare mirror (complete unit). How do I take replace the mirror mechanism from one to tother. I can't figure out how to take the mirror apart. (I have removed them both from the door)

Anonymous
09-10-01, 05:12 PM
just replace the whole mirror

Anonymous
09-10-01, 05:18 PM
yeah - why bother replacing the bits - just swap the mirror.

Anonymous
10-10-01, 04:57 PM
tells you how to remove the mirror part in the Green Haynes manual if ur interested

Anonymous
11-10-01, 01:33 AM
They're easier to take apart whilst on the car....you need to get some force on it to make the clips come unclipped.
Screw it back on the car, then apply as much force as you can to the back, pushing it towards the front of the car.

There's two clips that are like ball joints that go into sockets. Once these are un-done, the front of the mirror hinges and moves out away from the backing plate. You can now get your hand inside the mirror to get hold on the front panel (the bit that gets colour coded)....this just pulls off now....grab and pull forward and down. You can remove the mirror from the car now.....it's just easier to unclip the ball-joints whilst on the car so you can get enough force on it.

To remove the glass, use a wide-edged chisel or similar to prise it out, but be careful as it's dead easy to smash the glass.
The other internal bits are easy to remove once you get to this point.

To put back together, just do the reverse to above. When it comes to re-clip the ball-joint clips, it's a lot easier to have the mirror on the car, since it requires quite a lot of force.