PDA

View Full Version : Guess who bought Stu's bag of sh1te?

Lee
26-02-07, 10:33 PM
Not me, my girlfriend lol

She finally got a provisional and started doing a bit of driving, so i said 'you buy the car and ill sort it out if it needs any work'

So i ask myself why i clicked on stu's for sale thread while she was looking at the screen. She loved it. I called stu and he rekoned all it needed was a waterpump, which he had, and there was a slim possibility it needed a head gasket. When we got there to pick it up, the ****er wouldnt even start, so i broke every rule in the book buying that car!! Probably because i trust big gay stu, and partly because it wasnt my money lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/Bottlethroddy/DSC00121.jpg

Charged the battery and got it started, so that was a bonus. Spent a few hours on sunday changing the water pump, and went for a test drive. The temp guage shot up and the header tank pressurised like a mofo. Feck it!

So today, this was the scene outside my house when all my tools were in Bristol, a good hours drive away, so i was struggling a bit lol I also found out that the bloke who last changed the cam belt cant time up engines for sh1t! Stu, did you find it a bit sluggish as it was well retarded!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/Bottlethroddy/DSC00125.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/Bottlethroddy/DSC00124.jpg

Took her out for a lesson this evening, im pretty sure all the engine mounts have been yanked loose from all the kangerooing lol lol She also managed to ram it into first from 2nd while accelerating. Hopefully she'll blow it up so i can whack a proper engine in!

Runs like a dream now, im going to rag its tits off to bristol tomorrow and see if it explodes lol Got some mirrors off the green one and a parcel shelf, then i can sort out the god aweful tracking and ride height problems lol

nov4801
26-02-07, 10:39 PM
only ever seen this car once when i brought a bumper off him quite good condition conciderin its a nova lol

Lee
26-02-07, 10:45 PM
Its in very good nick, thats why we bought it. IMO you buy a nova for its shell, not its engine (unless you cant spanner very well yourself) as engines cost feck all. If it turned out it had a cracked head, it would have had a new lump in it by the weekend lol

SRlew
26-02-07, 10:48 PM
lol at you working on it already, is a nice looking car tho especialy in that colour, good first car for her, work on this one will keep you away from yours tho lol

Lee
26-02-07, 10:50 PM
Not first... second lol. I bought her a white SR last year and it just sat there and rotted for a year lol.

Cant do sod all on mine at the mo cos im skint!

SRlew
26-02-07, 11:12 PM
ah right i like the way she ends up with SR's lol no merit for her then lol

ah gutted mate, but i know the feeling as i am lol

draper
26-02-07, 11:19 PM
typical nova fun then, and BT you sound as good as me at buying cars lol

Adam
27-02-07, 12:01 AM
Lol, nice one.

What was wrong with the belt timing, teeth out?

Jack
27-02-07, 01:25 AM
(unless you cant spanner very well yourself)
Did someone call? lol

Lee
27-02-07, 08:19 AM
lol RJ, your fault for buying jap cars theat never need fixing!

Lol, nice one.

What was wrong with the belt timing, teeth out?

Yeah, 3 teeth out, when i changed the cambelt on sunday i didnt pay any attention and just marked the pulley with a pen, but when i had the head off it was about 2 teeth off TDC :eek:

craig green
27-02-07, 10:50 AM
Looks tidy enough. Wanna sell (save) the Speedlines to avoid any criminal kurb damage?

Breeze Blue still looks quite modern. Cant beat an ole 8v for ease of stripping & working on!

Adam
27-02-07, 01:55 PM
Yeah, 3 teeth out, when i changed the cambelt on sunday i didnt pay any attention and just marked the pulley with a pen, but when i had the head off it was about 2 teeth off TDC :eek:
You have to watch sometimes, as a Sr bottom pully notch(s) do not signify TDC, they are ignition timing notches, so if you use them to time the engine, but turn the cam to tdc the timing will be wrong.

Lee
27-02-07, 02:02 PM
Yeah i figured that much, and it wasnt 3 teeth, it was 2 lol. I set number one to TDC just by looking at it, then set the vernier to 12 o clock. I just noticed the mark i made on the pully originally when i took the belt off to do the water pump was 2 teeth out. Not good.

Runs b e a utifully now though, just got me to bristol and back no probs.

As for the speedlines, there a bit on the flakey side tbh, i intend to shot blast them and get as close a match to the bumper / vynal grey as i can. Mine needs finishing before i start mincing around with this thing though lol

Adam
27-02-07, 02:11 PM
Lol, good stuff :)

DeepSnoozer
27-02-07, 02:16 PM
is the engine sleeping?

Riggy
27-02-07, 02:53 PM
lol nice one BT so thats what you wanted big gay stu's number for lol :thumb:

Ste L
27-02-07, 03:25 PM
nice purchase fella

Stoo
27-02-07, 03:33 PM
Sold as seen!! Nuff said!!

PMSL after a long long discussion, were both of the school of thinking it was the previous owners fault!! Glad its up and running like it should be dude!!

As i said on the phone though, a 1.4 sr is bound to feel sluggish to me after an XE nova, a Cooper S Works, a DC5 and a DC2!!!!

chris gsi
27-02-07, 10:02 PM
i want it bt as its the same colour as my old sr good fun and easy to work on