PDA

View Full Version : drilling holes for cen locking

Anonymous
06-10-01, 09:04 AM
im gonna install my cen lockin kit 2day, but my sr aint got the holes in the doors for the wire to go through to the solinoid. The only way i can c of doin it is take door car of etc and put the drill in the door and drill, but the hole needs to be quite big for the clip to go through, and i aint go a drill bit that big. Also do i av to drill into the door pillar to? cause i cant see how the wire can gets inside the car by drillin a hole in the door or is there hole somewhere, so i just drill the hole in the door and thred it into the car. eg if i just drill hole in the door, when i shut it the wire will get traped between the pillar wont it, so there for i will need to drill a hole on the actual pillar where the door shuts against. Hope u can make sense of this lol Cheers anyway:)

Anonymous
06-10-01, 09:21 AM
the place to drill in the door and pillar are marked with a dint in the metal
it's only 2 wires?
so a 10mm bit should do it?
if it has a big connector cut it off, feed the wires through and reconnect it back on afterwards, easier than feeding big connector through door

p.s. remember to sylicone arround the wires afterwards

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

Anonymous
06-10-01, 09:39 PM
Of course, I didn't know this when I did first did mine two years ago.....I ended up drilling a hole in the door from the inside, and one in the pillar just below the interior light switch.....it worked fine, but it'll be better drilling the holes in the correct positions.

The original fitment also includes a rubber tubing incorporating the sealing grommets, but to use this you'd have to drill a much larger hole.