View Full Version : dash clocks

Asa-James
23-02-07, 09:57 PM
the lighting for them is pretty dim, is there any way to make them brighter? i was thinking pulling them apart and putting something reflective onto the back of the fascia. any better ideas?

cooper_nova
23-02-07, 11:10 PM
led replacement bulbs are a good start :thumb:

Nova_Tek
24-02-07, 12:09 AM
Yeh L.E.D's are a start but tbh you will need loads of them. I currently have replaced all my standard 1.2watt bulbs with the superbright white L.E.D's.

Now its better but nothing like how we'd want it to be. You'd have to put extra L.E.D's in and around the clocks, which is what I am considering atm.

If you come up with any ideas let me know :thumb:

PS - what colour is your car novaSR-Ish? Looks like a gold from that avatar.

ade
24-02-07, 04:32 PM
fit a digi dash?

plenty on ebay at the moment (or there was) - just make sure you get transducer and some loom.

The other option which I saw recently was what some ford's do (like the KA) which is shine lights onto the dash from the outside - eg fit some small hibright leds at the bottom of the dash facing towards it. Looked okay.

Pillar
24-02-07, 06:17 PM
ahhhhhhhhhh i got some of them they plug into the ciggy lighter anyone want them for a fiver inc postage lol

Asa-James
24-02-07, 06:18 PM
ade--digidashes are so last year......

cheers for that, i'll look into the front lit idea.

novatek--- its dark metallic grey, took the photo at night in work, under flourescant lights

F188CHG
24-02-07, 08:04 PM
wot about plasma dials if thay are avalible for the nova;)

F188CHG
24-02-07, 08:07 PM
Just found this think i will get some http://www.autotintdesign.com/plazma%20dials/Nova/Nova.htm

Jack
24-02-07, 10:03 PM
Plasma dials would be the best option really, or fit some dials from a cav/astra/calibra etc. They're lit in a different fashion meaning you can use the diffused LED bulbs to proper effect, as seen on my faff:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/razorjack/dials.jpg

ade
25-02-07, 01:06 PM
lol at digidash being so last year!

plasma dials are decent - not a bad price too!

Adam
25-02-07, 01:38 PM
As already mentioned, Cav/Astra dials light up much better, i think nova clocks are the worse illuminated clocks ive ever seen,Lol.