PDA

View Full Version : Roll cage

Anonymous
28-09-01, 01:56 PM
I'm seriously considerin a full roll cage in my nova.I've just joined a motor sport club who compete in road ralluies and one of the other members hgas an xr2 with a full roll cage.they have offered to make one up and weld it in for me for not alot of money. I quite fancy the idea.Just wonderin if u all thought it's agood idea in my sri. I think so coz it can only help handling and I need all i got against bigger engined cars.At the mo the car handles on rails so I wanna get it sorted for this road rally stuff. Whdya all reckon.??

stop.............................................. ....................................Carry on!!

Anonymous
28-09-01, 02:09 PM
Depends on the weight of the cage. If it's a lightweight one go for it. But you don't want to weigh your car down with a heavy cage.

Good girls go to heaven, bad girls come with me :D

Anonymous
28-09-01, 02:33 PM
does a roll cage improve handling? I know I dont know too much about all this shiznit , how does that work? I would have thought it will just add weight which will hinder you in your quest to beat bigger engined cars.

Anonymous
28-09-01, 03:16 PM
yeh it does by stiffining the shell
but it won't stiffen it enough to make up for it's weight

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

Anonymous
28-09-01, 03:36 PM
Well there was three reasons in getin it.
1.It looks kool
2.Improve handlin by stiffenin the shell up more
3.safety Incase there was too be an accident.
The other option is too fit good front and rear strut braces. Both ways will cost me roughly the same so which is a better option?? the cars gona be stripped down anyway so theres room for the cage if I want it.

stop.............................................. ....................................Carry on!!

Anonymous
28-09-01, 05:14 PM
well if you reckon you're gonna roll it - stick the roll cage in it to be safe - if not - why bother.?

Anonymous
28-09-01, 08:36 PM
my cage is wicked go 4 it! and its a good excuse not 2 take people in the bak if u got 17s!! as 4 stiffness its ok but it wont do much and remmember the chassis is designed 2 flex and if it cant flex it leads 2 cracks!

Anonymous
28-09-01, 10:12 PM
I av a roll cage and front and rear strut braces and poly bushes and the car is going to be seem welded v soon, its only a 1300 but the handiling is nearly as good as dare I say it a Pug,u goota do it looks the biz too especially no m8 painted the inside

stereo is my name 155db is my game

Anonymous
29-09-01, 09:39 AM
DECIDED IF i CAN AFFORD IT i'M GETTIN IT!!

Anonymous
29-09-01, 12:33 PM
Go for the Cage!!! It looks so HARD!!!

Anonymous
29-09-01, 04:12 PM
You need to inform your insurance company who will put the price up, cos if you have a cage you think you are invincible and drive like a prick.
well so the theory behind the rate increase is.

Anonymous
29-09-01, 06:41 PM
Its a must

Anonymous
29-09-01, 07:45 PM
My uncle works for my insurance company and when i asked him about mods he said I only need to tell them about perfromance reralted stuff.So my wheels suspension etc don't count.I can'tt see why they would count the rollcage a performance item especially when they didn't count the suspension kit performance!!

Anonymous
30-09-01, 06:15 PM
well i work for an insurance company and you do need to tell em, if they dont want to know all well and good, but just in case let them know.

Anonymous
30-09-01, 06:38 PM
i did.what insurance group u work for??And if it was ur insuance group how much do ya think it would go up by on my moms policy payin 3400 at the mo.

For Sale- 15" TSW Stealths Good tyres ?220
35mm offset

Anonymous
30-09-01, 11:00 PM
fek me fraz you payin ?3400 on your mums policy how many times you been banned m8 or if not banned wtf you got in it a Maclaran F1 engine???

[-itchscratch.gif-]
www.perpetualbliss.net

Anonymous
03-10-01, 09:16 AM
?400

Anonymous
03-10-01, 11:29 AM
oops ?400 cheers!!
Thats a good quote.They wanted ?4000 for me fully comp HA HA!!

For Sale- 15" TSW Stealths Good tyres ?220
35mm offset