PDA

View Full Version : Weird looks!!!

Matt2107
23-02-07, 02:12 PM
Why is it that people look at me in a funny way just because I've got my door panel in bits while I put my passenger side door handle back on in the car park at work during my lunch break?

I bet none of them can strip a door panel off in 2 minutes flat, including taking out the window winder clip.

wisewood
23-02-07, 02:22 PM
lol people look at you like that because they think "why doesnt he buy a nice car that doesnt need repairing"

Matt2107
23-02-07, 02:23 PM
Lol if the weathers good next week I'll be polishing it on my lunch breaks instead.

It was purely a cosmetic change rather than a repair.
I now have black door handles.

Iain
23-02-07, 02:25 PM
Funny that. Nobody took a second glance at me when I was breaking in to my car when I locked my keys in inside in Ikea carpark.

Matt2107
23-02-07, 02:27 PM
Funny that. Nobody took a second glance at me when I was breaking in to my car when I locked my keys in inside in Ikea carpark.

:D lol :D lol

wisewood
23-02-07, 02:32 PM
i used to lock my keys in quite regularly when i worked the early shift starting at 6am. I used to keep a piece of packaging ribbon stuff in my drawer in the office just in case. Actually you could stick some to the back of the bumper or something for emergencies.

Jack
23-02-07, 02:58 PM
I was in tescos car park in Bristol at 11pm a couple years back, and the blue LED bulbs on my dash had shorted out (UltraLEDs diffused jobbies are rubbish). Had to take my dashboard apart, fiddle around behind in the dark and replace the bulbs, all whilst surrounded by dubious looking pikeys. Nobody batted an eyelid though, they probably thought "oh, he's busy stealing that car so we'll take another" lol

At least I can now remove the dials, replace bulbs and refit dials blindfolded in well under 5 minutes, I had to do it that often :D

Iain
23-02-07, 03:29 PM
I used to keep a piece of packaging ribbon stuff in my drawer in the office just in case. Actually you could stick some to the back of the bumper or something for emergencies.
I was attempting to use a paper ruler from Ikea lol Until I found a better way (some white van men suggested how to do it :wtf:)

Novadex
23-02-07, 03:34 PM
i used to lock my keys in quite regularly when i worked the early shift starting at 6am. I used to keep a piece of packaging ribbon stuff in my drawer in the office just in case. Actually you could stick some to the back of the bumper or something for emergencies.

A window wiper blade works just fine :thumb:.

I cant really leave my keys in the car because i use the Fob to lock it... But i left my sub on once and went out for the night. The next day i got a rolakin because my alarm was going off all night long, i had to break in because the batt was flat. The police drove past as i was doing it and diddnt even stop! A funny look would have been somehting! :tard:

Lucky Luke!
23-02-07, 05:44 PM
If you know anything about chavvy towns, i was in Great Yarmouth once and my bro locked his keys in his xr2 so i ended up smashing a window (and i was wearing a hoodie!) just as a cop car drove past, they stopped and asked what i was doing so i said that my bro's keys were locked in so he just said "fair enough" and drove off, didnt check anything!

Martin
23-02-07, 05:49 PM
and i get acused of tryin to steal my old shell that clearly had no engine in it..

Pish some of you get it easy