PDA

View Full Version : need help with wiring for nova gte

stevenf86
22-02-07, 04:19 PM
hi was wondering if anyone knows how to wire in a 1.6 8v gte engine to a 1.2i wiring loom. i have been told it`s only a few wirres but dont know what ones. any help would be greatly appreciated. its a e16se engine i have put in out of a g reg gte

Lee-1984
22-02-07, 05:19 PM
im sure you gotta change petrol pump as well mate, as your 1.2i wont be able to handel it i dont fink, i might be wrong,

as for wiring mate there's a thread on here for it.

lee:thumb:

burgo
22-02-07, 07:33 PM
im sure you gotta change petrol pump as well mate, as your 1.2i wont be able to handel it i dont fink, i might be wrong,

as for wiring mate there's a thread on here for it.

lee:thumb:yep, just go down your local scrappy and grab a cavvy intank one and just swop it into yours

rybo
24-02-07, 01:29 PM
on the engine loom of your gte engine theres a loom plug-bout 6 wires just join them to the old ecu wires colour for colour
youll need either a gte/gsi tank with pump or as mentioned any mpi in tank pump

Jon_nova1
24-02-07, 10:43 PM
wheres the thread? i clicked on the "tune a 1.2 engine, its not worth it mate get a bigger lump" but it says its been moved, as i have a 1.4 SRI engine put in, but its running on carb, shouldn't it essentially be the same setup?

Mike
24-02-07, 10:45 PM
yours will be the same as an SR then, all 5 wires of it lol

Jon_nova1
24-02-07, 10:47 PM
i take it these wires are for the other three injectors?

Mike
24-02-07, 10:50 PM
i take it these wires are for the other three injectors?

above you said that you have an SRi engine, but it running on carbs, yeah?? so you basically only have 2 starter motor wires, engine earth, live and neutral and hey presto lol