PDA

View Full Version : Removing a good screen

craig green
22-02-07, 01:48 PM
Whats the best way to get a good screen out of my Nova? I need to sell it on to someone.

CG

valverguy
22-02-07, 03:31 PM
cut away and peel the rubber around the screen then cut the glue with a stanley blade. it will then come out! ( if its the same as a corsa which i assume it is)

tom reid
22-02-07, 05:22 PM
No, it's not the same as a Corsa, Corsa's are bonded in, Nova's are NOT bonded.
Start at an inside corner, using a small flat blade screwdriver and gently pull the rubber away from the screen and up at the same time inside the metal lip, do this all the way along and up the sides of the rubber, you'll find the screen then starts to come away from the car, carry on all round the screen. the window should then just pull away from the car.

HTH

craig green
22-02-07, 05:25 PM
On the inside you say?

Jon_nova1
22-02-07, 05:36 PM
yes, the inside, its lipped over the body

R1CH
22-02-07, 06:18 PM
I'd just cut the rubber seal tbh, sometimes the seal is held in with sealant so is difficult to get out.

Rich

partytownsri
22-02-07, 07:08 PM
i just smashed mine out ready for my respray but it was held in by sealant

Stanley
22-02-07, 07:21 PM
You have to consider that someone may possibly have been at it before so may have used sealant (car will be a minimum of 16years old so anything could have been done to it).

IIRC you just use the same method as getting rear/side windows out - push them out.

Start in one corner slowly and carefully then eventualy you should be able to push it out with your feet.

But if theres sealant used then just cut the rubber:thumb:

Stan

Timmy
22-02-07, 09:04 PM
shoulnt' cost much to get some one to remoer it try haynes as well

Will F
23-02-07, 09:01 AM
Its an easy job craig to be honest, you may need to flat blade to get the seal started, but once the first bit has been pushed out the rest will follow...

Even if its sealed in (I have taken about 15 out and none of them have been) it will still pull free, once the rubber is all free... you may need to people to actually remove it though...

craig green
23-02-07, 10:35 AM
Thanks guys. The shell is being scrapped, so I'll go armed with a sharp knife incase.

Will F
23-02-07, 01:06 PM
NO!

Two flat blades! lol

craig green
23-02-07, 02:39 PM
2 flate blades & a retractable blade.