PDA

View Full Version : Heating problem

milkybargsi
21-02-07, 03:52 PM
I have jus bought a new gsi nova could any1 help with my problem, i don't get any heat come out. Has the heater matrix packed up or do they block up?

Cheers

Chris
21-02-07, 04:17 PM
could be fcuked.

Could be wire off behind dashboard.

Could be an airlock in the system.

staggy_gsi
21-02-07, 06:29 PM
i know a few people who have problems with the operating cables popping off all the time. put your hand up behind the dash in the middle under the passenger side tray. have a feel about and you should find the operating arm for the heater. just move it and see if any heat comes out....

milkybargsi
24-02-07, 05:44 PM
:) cheers 4 those ideas i'll have a look

Jim Mcrae
24-02-07, 11:36 PM
Look into the engine bay, has the matrix been bypassed??? As if it is fooked is likely it has.
Easy enough job to replace it is arquard to get at though, did mine in half an hour, shame the new one was f*cked and p*ssed water everywhere lol

adamz
25-02-07, 12:28 AM
i only seem to be gettin heat out of the top bit (were the heat blows onto the windscreen) but not out off the blowers at each side and in the center of the dash , has anyone got any ideas y this is???

Paul
25-02-07, 07:21 AM
you never get haet out the middle ones, only cold air, sides should be heated though, check that the pipes running from heater matrix to the vents are in place, they take air from matrix to vents....

Jim Mcrae
26-02-07, 08:26 AM
Yeah i only get hot air through by the screen as i dont even have side vents lol Still ample to warm me up though