PDA

View Full Version : rear discs.... pros and cons ?

Anonymous
24-09-01, 10:20 AM
ok boyz, i wanna hear all the good reasons to fit rear discs and all the bad reasons not to fit them.
i dont know wheter to do it.

If it isn't kev it isn't worth it !!!

Anonymous
24-09-01, 11:05 AM
looks good if you have nice big alloys

only do it if you have up rated you front disks / calipers

x-b :)p ***********The Novaload Member Formally known As Nova91*********** :)p x-b

Anonymous
24-09-01, 12:07 PM
good reasons
Look the dogs
excellent braking

Bad Points
If not set up rite can have the rear end lockin up too easy and overtakin the front in heavy brakin situations. I would do it if I had the mechanical knowledge.

stop.............................................. ....................................Carry on!!

Anonymous
24-09-01, 12:25 PM
Looks good and nothing else
std drums are easily upto stoping a 2.0 16v etc

only have rear disks if u have a fat bird(s) or a very large ice install

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

Anonymous
24-09-01, 02:10 PM
so stick with the drums then ? i heard that a few peeps in there novas have changed them back ?

If it isn't kev it isn't worth it !!!

Anonymous
24-09-01, 05:04 PM
i'll be changing mine to disks cos of the extra power and for looks, theres a few in northwest with em and had no probs.

Anonymous
24-09-01, 05:23 PM
They look damn good!
Just get them fitted from a professional, if u are going to do it.
I want to do it too. I got the info Micky sent on Rear Disc conversions if u want it Dave?

Anonymous
24-09-01, 06:40 PM
the dont just look good the look frigging good

the word on the street was my white nova was a valver, all becuase sum numpty spotted the rear discs and thought "woooagh rear discs it must be a valver" lol

i say fit em u cant argue with the extra braking power, ste is only saying that coz his valver doesnt have them ;)

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
24-09-01, 10:55 PM
Any pics u know of showing nova with rear discs on it?
not noticed it before... i know its been done but i never noticed a nova with it done if you get my point... just gimme the addy of a pic will ya.
pwitty pwease.

ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET
Pay the bills or Mod the car?