PDA

View Full Version : Engine mods - what to expect.

Anonymous
21-09-01, 11:34 AM
I am considering buying a Nova GTE :), which has the following engine Mods:Martin Bower Big Valve head, enem cam? What the hell R they? :-/
It also has 40's and a 57i induction kit.
So...... is this any good? will they make much difference to the performance? I know the 40's will but the head & cam?
I'm not planning on keeping the car, it's just I cannot sell mine but he's gonna do a P/X and then I'll sell the nova at Xmas or summit.......

Anonymous
21-09-01, 01:17 PM
40s and a 57i?

yeh right

40s are carbs

and a 57i is made for injection

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

for sale e reg nova shell ?1

Anonymous
21-09-01, 02:21 PM
oh yeah, good job u pointed that out!!
GTE's R in injection! So why does he have twin 40's in the AD?
Maybe it's a sign to steer clear then......
Lets say it's a genuine mistake tho, wot difference does a enem cam and a martin thinghy head make?

Anonymous
21-09-01, 04:00 PM
a wat cam lol

Anonymous
21-09-01, 06:33 PM
it could have twin 40's on mate. MC and CP both use gte engines with twin 40's just find out for sure.

Good girls go to heaven, bad girls come with me :D

Anonymous
21-09-01, 10:52 PM
The bloke doesn't go under the username of K&N does he? Lol!
Go and look at it. I've not heard the name for the head work b4 but it maybe a competition rally head or similar. Try rally site forums. To be any good it will need larger inlet valves - exhausts are optional.
Ask for the phone number of the head modifier.

Anonymous
23-09-01, 03:46 PM
A tuning guy near me recommends Enem cams over the Kent cams, says they are better built. its all ablout the power.
anything else, I aint got a clue!

Anonymous
24-09-01, 08:52 AM
yeah went to see it, had all the mods that were listed, really quick, snorted with power, but I'm gonna buy an Astra GTE instead.