PDA

View Full Version : engine water leak

SRlew
20-02-07, 06:01 PM
right the water pumps been fitted, was ok as the garage had it running, then when i got near to home it started smoking/steaming from the bay. started it the other day and it was steaming/smoking again, got it in the garden and checked it out, turns out that water and anti freeze is just dropping on the manifold to cause the steam,

it looked as if it was coming from the hose behind the water pump, took all hoses off and there all fine and it still does it.

wouldnt have thought it'd be the pump, what else could it be if not the pump?

any help appriciated. lew

chimp007_uk
20-02-07, 06:04 PM
i'd just take it back to the garage, and explain. they obviously took the hoses off etc to fit so if it's now leaking then it's surely their responsibility. worth a go!

chimp007_uk
20-02-07, 06:05 PM
does it do it when the engine gets hot? or does it now leak when cold?

SRlew
20-02-07, 06:15 PM
well i think it does drip wen its cold etc, but you notice it wen its hot as it steams of the exhaust, and when you rev it comes out more

Adam
20-02-07, 06:23 PM
Deffo sounds to be coming from the pump, as the pump speed increases with engine speed..

SRlew
20-02-07, 06:23 PM
right will have a word with the garage

chimp007_uk
20-02-07, 06:24 PM
i'd take it back... like lltn said sounds like pump, could be the increased pressure forcing it out somewhere, but unlikely if it never leaked before the pump was replaced etc

SRlew
20-02-07, 06:26 PM
nah it did leak before the pump was replaced.

will ring them tommorow.