PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable suspension

Martin
20-02-07, 05:58 PM
Right on my new nova i have a set of FK Heightsport(sp) coilovers and on the front there adjusted by using the set of C spanners i got with the kit right?

Wel how the Feckin Feck Feck do you do it lol..

Do i need some spring compressers to take some strain of the adjuster platforms then just un wind them?

also on the rear its just springs and dampers that came with the kit(i think) can i take the cup type thingy out from underneathe the spring and metal tie strap the springs down?

or should i buy adjustable rear coilovers and get rid of the spring at back?

Cheers Martin

Welsh Dan
20-02-07, 06:49 PM
Is there a grub screw or anything on them to hold the platforms in place, and have you jacked the car up to take the weight off?

JSeymour
20-02-07, 06:52 PM
it has to be jacked up for the wheel to come off.

the base of the spribg there should be to 2 parts un-do the bottom one so you can wind down the top one.

Martin
20-02-07, 06:57 PM
it has to be jacked up for the wheel to come off.

the base of the spribg there should be to 2 parts un-do the bottom one so you can wind down the top one.

Yes cars jacked up, not screws.

Seymour - It wont undo.. ive cleaned them all up and theres no grit or anything even had the lump hammer out but no look..

JSeymour
20-02-07, 07:00 PM
fook hammering your suspension! wd40's what you need.

Martin
20-02-07, 07:01 PM
Not hammerin the sus just the C spanners lol WD40 is wat i used to clean the Threads

Chris
20-02-07, 08:43 PM
there should be two nuts locked together. Screw them in opposite directions to unlock them.

Chris

Martin
21-02-07, 12:26 PM
there should be two nuts locked together. Screw them in opposite directions to unlock them.

Chris

Ahh I see now Cheers Chris..

JSeymour
21-02-07, 07:34 PM
LOL thats what i said! kinda lol

Timmy
21-02-07, 08:22 PM
doh!!!