PDA

View Full Version : Hi Im another new guy!

Lanky
20-02-07, 03:09 AM
Hi there! jus thought id say a quick hello as im new to novaload!
Iv'e signed up mainly because i could do with some help on building a nova pick-up with an LET in it!

Any tips would'nt go amiss!

Cheers!

Lanky!:thumb:

burgo
20-02-07, 03:22 AM
welcome to the site what tips is it you need exactly??

NOVA WHITE 1.8
20-02-07, 06:15 AM
trying to get rid of my pickup,needs lot of work though?see general chat, title,anyone recognise this!

draper
20-02-07, 07:05 AM
welcome fella

tips ?? chop back of a nova off, buy a calibra/cav turbo and nick the engine - job done lol

Lanky
20-02-07, 11:04 AM
Hi mate I could do with some pictures mate and is it the shel of a nova saloon or hatch?

Also where abouts are you as picking up could be difficult?

Cheers mate!

Lanky!

burgo
20-02-07, 11:07 AM
you dont want nova whites, its rotten

Lanky
20-02-07, 11:08 AM
Hi mate!
As regards to your tips post, it would be helpfull to know in advance dimentions such as how much the prop has to be shortened and if the back chassis is left standard or a new one is build from scratch?

Also what to use as a tailgate and rear window?

Cheers in advance for your help lads!

Lanky! :thumbs:

burgo
20-02-07, 11:11 AM
you saidnothing about doing a 4x4 or rwd,not something i would recommend attempting if our asking how todo it

as for the tailgate you want mk2 astra van/estate

vallanc3
20-02-07, 12:06 PM
didnt know you wanted to make it 4x4/RWD sam.....going to be alot harder work than just making a pick-up. got to chop all the floor pan up or try make a cali floor pan fit

Lanky
20-02-07, 06:51 PM
your kidding vallance... i thought it would make it easyer :-\ you could just space frame the back end so you dont have to f**k about with a calibra floor pan or just cut out the centre and weld in a tunnel its not quite as complex as you and your amazing knowlage on making novas into pick-ups make out as i asked graham and rick today..

burgo
20-02-07, 06:53 PM
are you gonna use a wide arch kit or make custom suspension for the back end??