PDA

View Full Version : interior stripping noise

london_chris
20-02-07, 12:11 AM
ermm just wanting to know whether its noisy/really noisy/moderately noisy etc if i were to remove the interior at rear of car

Adam
20-02-07, 12:14 AM
Yeh, its a lot noisier.
You can hear every rear beam creek/squeek etc,and the exhaust is much louder.

R1CH
20-02-07, 12:17 AM
Only got a dash & 2 seats in mine. yes its noisey, can't even here the radio when your giving it beans ... it is fun tho !!
:D

Pillar
20-02-07, 12:25 AM
its mad mate the roof starts vibrating. too loud for my liking espesially when you got a straight through exhaust system need some ear muffs

london_chris
20-02-07, 12:28 AM
ooo ill strip it out then, although im only going to be using front standard speakers but should be ok for a bit of music

Pillar
20-02-07, 12:30 AM
i wouldnt do it if you use it dailly trust!

london_chris
20-02-07, 12:34 AM
well as im an ex aircraft engineer ill go and nab some old sound deadening from my old work that is very light, flat and keeps a lot of sound out

draper
20-02-07, 07:12 AM
so if you could get lightweight sound deadening why did you need to know wether its noisy or not :wtf:

matt1chelski
20-02-07, 12:24 PM
lol, mines loud enough with interior, last night down the B roads, rear was squeeking like a good`en. Seems quieter with 4 or 5 in the car though.

Matt2107
20-02-07, 12:31 PM
Even my 1.2 is noisy just from taking out the rear bench.
I definately wouldn't do it if it's your daily driver.

london_chris
20-02-07, 10:02 PM
so if you could get lightweight sound deadening why did you need to know wether its noisy or not :wtf:

because i wasnt planning on doing that untill i found out its apparently too noisey and its not too often that they chuck out old aircraft sound deadening cos im not paying around ?2000 for 2m squared or whatever the price is

Matt2107
21-02-07, 09:21 AM
Keep your Nova the way it is and get as much sound deadening as possible.
Bung it on ebay... make a fast buck.

Stuart
21-02-07, 09:33 AM
i dont think they are "that" loud...

I sleep in Dans car when coming back from days out etc lol and his is a pure track slut.

therealnovaboy
21-02-07, 09:55 AM
but see,i think some times loud exhausts make you sleep better specialy on the motorway, my pal had a pug with a scaffolding pipe exhaust and the monotoneus sound made me sleep like a baby.

why are you planing to rip the sound proofing out anyway, is it to make it lighter or to make it sound louder in the car? why dot you just take the interior out and see what its like, what , it takes about 10 mins to take the back seats out and mabee another 10 to strip the boot.

L14MNP
21-02-07, 10:17 AM
All I had in my old SR was 2 buckets, dash and a cage, wasn't SO bad TBH

That was my daily driver also :thumbs:

Chunky Lover
21-02-07, 12:46 PM
stripped out interior + straight through exhaust + alluminium engine mounts = a noisey and shakey ride however if you like that sort of thing its sweet!

Dan
21-02-07, 06:32 PM
i dont think they are "that" loud...

I sleep in Dans car when coming back from days out etc lol and his is a pure track slut.

Its true i tell thee, many times we have been blasting back from somewhere, forties roaring etc etc and i turn to carry on talking to find the buggers flat out snoringlol lol lol and you wont get more stripped than mine lol

Mike
21-02-07, 06:36 PM
meh, dont use it as an everyday car if its stripped? why not, its loads of fun i think!!!

Anything over 60 mind and i cant hear/feel my phone ringing/vibrating tho hahahahahaha (not that i use whilst driving, but its inevitible that i get odd call or text whilst in car)

Spacey
21-02-07, 06:50 PM
the noise aint that bad.
just makes you listen for problems more though!

SRlew
21-02-07, 06:50 PM
stripped out interior + straight through exhaust + alluminium engine mounts = a noisey and shakey ride however if you like that sort of thing its sweet!

thats my set up :D with carbs aswell and all sound deadaning from behind the dash and engine bay removed.

and its my daily driver, i like it, but only down side i got now is carnt take any people but meh, and dont think this girl im seeing will be impressed when she hears it inside lol

draper
21-02-07, 06:54 PM
i fell asleep in kronks car the other week on the way back from pod aswell, altho its not stripped but his 40s roar like hell and he was giving it some