PDA

View Full Version : t40s-T'ing in the fuel return pipe?

Adam
19-02-07, 07:52 PM
Anyone else done this or everyone blocked it off?
I was considering just blocking it off, but the SPi fuel pump im using supplies fuel constantly, so if the carb needle valves are shut and the pumps still sending fuel, somethings got to give in to the pressure build up...
The pressure will be regulated to 3psi.

So im going to put a T inbetween the pipe that goes across the carbs, and connect the return pipe to the T, so when the needle valves shut the excess fuel will go the next easiest way, i.e. down to the return pipe back to the tank.

Any ideas if that will work fine?

tom_beverley
19-02-07, 07:56 PM
Should work ok but I didn't see the need for one.

I just blocked mine off, but I'm using a FPR so didn't see the point in a return line.

SRlew
19-02-07, 08:30 PM
not sure as i just blocked mine off etc,

but thats a good idea, anyone actually done that before?

Jon_nova1
19-02-07, 08:42 PM
id suggest t-ing a return pipe to just before the fuel pump so you dont get a build up off pressure

Adam
20-02-07, 12:21 AM
Im using a Intank electronic pump, not the std carb mechanical jobbie.
The t-piece isn't needed with a mech pump really as that supplies low pressure, varying over rpm range...
Electronic pump is either On, or Off. And the pump can obviously supply fuel quicker than the carbs can use it... So it needs somewhere for the excess to go.
Im using a Fpr too, but i'd imagine the volume of fuel delivered by the electronic pump is much greater than mechanical one.

Original nova sports had a t-piece to return line between the carbs ;) But the return line had a restrictor inplace to restrict how much could return. Im not planning on using a restrictor, hopefully it will be ok. Just need find a t-piece now.

Adam
20-02-07, 06:25 PM
Got a t-piece today from local factors, fitted that in.
All seems fine.

rednova
20-02-07, 06:46 PM
And the pump can obviously supply fuel quicker than the carbs can use it....

youre not driving it hard enoughlol :thumb: i just blocked my return off - im using a facet pump and regulator

Adam
20-02-07, 06:49 PM
Spi pump supplies more volume than a Facet tho iirc.

Is the facet a constant On or Off pump?

rednova
21-02-07, 06:22 PM
Spi pump supplies more volume than a Facet tho iirc.

Is the facet a constant On or Off pump?

hmm good point - its a facet red top pump? not exactly sure tho its just what got recommended to me, :roll:

Adam
21-02-07, 06:33 PM
Yeh, most people use Facets.

Im just using the pump i already have, as i dont want buy anything else,Lol.