PDA

View Full Version : Holes on yer hatch

Anonymous
17-09-01, 06:44 PM
To fit a wrap around spoiler like on SR's onto nova that hasn't got a wrap around spoiler, do you have to drill holes for the spolier to fit into or is there a better way cus i don't like the sound or drilling holes that if they don't match means yer buggered.

Anonymous
17-09-01, 09:08 PM
mines getting fitted by a bodyshop,20squid to fit it,but at least its on then,theres a site with the measurements where to drill the outside from,bad news is it needs to come thru at such an angle,to line up with the edge of the inner tailgate skin

I want some 15"s!

Anonymous
17-09-01, 10:32 PM
You could cut off the bolts from the spoiler and just bond it onto the tailgate if you want, but it's easy enough to drill the holes.
You have to stick the lower edges on anyway, as the bolts only go along the top section. If you make the holes slightly in the wrong place, you can always ovalise them....may be worth doing anyway so that you've got some free-play to help you adjust the position just right. Ones it's bolted and stuck on, it won't go wondering.

Anonymous
21-09-01, 02:10 PM
no bolts with it as they were on the car about to be fitted when the car got robbed... well i think thats how its worked

so ill just stick it on... no fibre glass or filler needed i hope then?

Anonymous
21-09-01, 02:11 PM
sry wrong post then thouhgt it was a reply to mine :s ignore me its a friday and im tired lol