PDA

View Full Version : central locking?

Anonymous
18-09-01, 09:12 PM
I have managed to track down some motors,and a control box(I think thats their technical names!0 for central locking from a mk2 luxe,which was in the breakers for some time,is there anyay of checking to make sure that these items work?-and say they do,what else do I need other than loads of wiring to make them fit and work to my merit doors?-thanks in advance peeps

I want some 15"s!

Anonymous
18-09-01, 09:27 PM
hi rob mate, u need the gold rods with hooks on, or failing that u cud make your own i spose, altho this makes job VERY EASY!

to test them, just stick a positive feed and negative feed into the box o tricks, and push and pull the drivers solenoid in and out, and see if there is a sign of life at the passenger one, its not an obvious, locked, unlock on the passenger one, dont no y, altho the drivers one does click in to locked, and in to unlocked.

P*SS easy job mate!

dun it in bout 30 mins!

i did windows and lockin in about 1 hr 30 mins, and that was having the seats and carpet up to run the wire through the right places!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
18-09-01, 09:28 PM
hi rob mate, u need the gold rods with hooks on, or failing that u cud make your own i spose, altho this makes job VERY EASY!

to test them, just stick a positive feed and negative feed into the box o tricks, and push and pull the drivers solenoid in and out, and see if there is a sign of life at the passenger one, its not an obvious, locked, unlock on the passenger one, dont no y, altho the drivers one does click in to locked, and in to unlocked.

P*SS easy job mate!

dun it in bout 30 mins!

i did windows and lockin in about 1 hr 30 mins, and that was having the seats and carpet up to run the wire through the right places!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
18-09-01, 11:59 PM
Hi Bob mate...did you get the solenoid mounting brackets with the solenoids?

If not, you might have to make some to hold the solenoids in the right position, although you can screw them straight to the doors. I've still not got round to fitting mine yet.....I'm gonna make some brackets my self, but been concentrating on other bits for now. The central locking is next on my list though, after re-spraying my off-side rear arch.

Anonymous
20-09-01, 08:50 PM
will go back and get em,even though they re rivetted I think :-/ my spoiler goes on end of the month,plus my rear arch!-can u get back to me on ur big bore?-I need do know before the 26th,as I will go out n buy a back box on that day anyways if u dont get back to me,but I can collect if need be!

I want some 15"s!

Anonymous
20-09-01, 08:51 PM
P.S:- do I need a manifold to make it fit my 1.2?

I want some 15"s!