PDA

View Full Version : misfire!!

burgo
19-02-07, 04:08 PM
right this i really pissing me off now it now has a new coil, ht leads, dizzy cap, rotor arm, plugs. ive checked the compression and all is good, there is also no signs of the head gasket gone so im stuck as to what is causing it now so ayone got any ideas. ive on a little vid to try and show the misfire but its a crap camera

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/sclurgess/th_missfire-1.jpg (http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/sclurgess/?action=view&current=missfire-1.flv)

mikey14sr
19-02-07, 05:10 PM
Could be an injector?

burgo
19-02-07, 05:14 PM
i dont think the misfire is on one cylinder tho, ive just been dong abit of research and recon it might be the plugs as they are bosch super 4's which are apparently ****e

Adam
19-02-07, 06:06 PM
Get some std NGK's in there, mega cheap, and work fine.

Do you have another dizzy you could try?

cudaboy
19-02-07, 06:12 PM
Remove Each Lead<watch For Shock!!> Whichever Lead Makes No Difference Is Problem Cylinder.had Similar On Bike, Narrows Stuff Down,concentrate On That Cylinder Then. Ngk S Every Time, Bosh Poo,splitfires Absolute Bo Lox.

burgo
19-02-07, 06:17 PM
Remove Each Lead<watch For Shock!!> Whichever Lead Makes No Difference Is Problem Cylinder.had Similar On Bike, Narrows Stuff Down,concentrate On That Cylinder Then. Ngk S Every Time, Bosh Poo,splitfires Absolute Bo Lox.ive done that and none make ay difference, and no i dot have another dizzy but i dont think thats it, gonna get some ngk's tomoz and i recon that'll sort it

Adam
19-02-07, 06:19 PM
Or the safe way of checking for spark is a strobe timing light.
The other month i kept gettng intermittent misfires for some reason too, i never sorted it, Lol.

london_chris
19-02-07, 07:57 PM
could be a burnt valve

burgo
19-02-07, 07:59 PM
could be a burnt valve???

cooper_nova
19-02-07, 08:14 PM
sounds similar to what mine did, check the timing to see if the belts missed a tooth..if it hasn't then take rocker cover off and turn the engine by hand and check to make sure all the valves open(watch for rocker movement) and also check for missing lobes off cam(as that was what was wrong with mine)

hope this helps fella :thumb:

Jon_nova1
19-02-07, 08:28 PM
mine makes this noise, and its on carbs lol it sounds like its missing but isn't, i think its the timing as the camcover where the timing marks is missing, so i cant time it properly,

you top end sounds very tappety doesn't it??

Adam
20-02-07, 12:31 AM
could be a burnt valve Engine has good compression....
Basically rules out valve problems.
Unless an inlet valve is stuck shut or something.

If the misfire keeps changing cylinders its probably a dodgy king lead, dodgy dizzy(hall sensor) or weak coil giving intermittent misfires.

london_chris
20-02-07, 12:38 AM
sorry i didnt read that bit that says it wasnt on one cylinder, i had burnt valve and basically had a similar syptom to u

Adam
20-02-07, 12:56 AM
Ye, if he didn't have good compression, valves could of been the problem.

burgo
20-02-07, 01:29 AM
the whole top end was completely rebuilt so i know all that is good and not tappety even tho it does sound it i know and its got brand new coil and leads so they cant be dodgy

Welsh Dan
20-02-07, 08:12 AM
its got brand new coil and leads so they cant be dodgy

They could still be faulty (DOA). I'd say get a set of NGK plugs in then get the timing strobe out.

burgo
20-02-07, 08:15 AM
They could still be faulty (DOA). I'd say get a set of NGK plugs in then get the timing strobe out.you really dont need a strobe to time novas up, just go by ear i always have and always will

Adam
20-02-07, 06:25 PM
Use a strobe to check for a spark, i don't use it for timing.

SRI crazy
25-02-07, 01:50 PM
check all the plugs on the injectors are tight incase there is a loose one