PDA

View Full Version : rear disk conversion

Anonymous
07-09-01, 10:50 PM
I have a set of cavilier 16v front and back brakes and a mate of mine told me that i need a brake equalier is this true if so where would i get one and how much do they cost?

Anonymous
08-09-01, 05:11 PM
it depends on what type ov nova u are fitting them to

i never needed one for my white nova which started life as a 1.2 fling, this ment it had the smaller master cylinder

i have heard horror storys ov cars locking up at the rear and needing a bias valve, although i never proved this myself becuase the person who was supposed to be getting back to me didnt, i would bet my bottom dollar (what ever tham means) that only cars fitted with the gte/gsi sized servo will need a bias valve.

this could all be tosh, but like i said i didnt need a valve on mine i just fitted the coresponding front brakes to match and balance it out.

when i 1st fitted the rear discs i had nova gte front brakes fitted, the car was very tail happy under braking, then i sorted the front ones and it was all sorted.

the car was very prone to oversteering in the wet which everybody said was due to my rear discs, it wasnt at all as the back end would fly out without the need for braking (if the back end did fly and it was all going pete tong a slight press ov the brake pedal would normaly sort things out)

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
16-09-01, 02:09 PM
i got my rear disc conversion done on my sr. i put astra 2L 16V discs all round. i found that under hard breaking the rears do lock on first. this can to a bit scary when u drive down a 50 road at 100 then only to realise a speed camera just ahead. i slammed the brakes only to lock the rear and slide out on me. pased it at 51 slightly sideways. anyway i think that uprated discs like tarox on the front should sort that problem. and level it all out.