PDA

View Full Version : temp. gauge

hagger
18-02-07, 09:36 PM
now folks,after changing the cylinder head an inlet manifold today on the SR my temp. gauge seems to be way off the clock, as in the needle is at the furthest point it will reach and does not move, just constanly stays there even with the ignition off! has anybody got any idea to what may be causing the problem to this? cheers sam.

tom reid
18-02-07, 10:05 PM
Could be the temp sensor gone.

london_chris
18-02-07, 10:52 PM
ive got this problem which occured last week, there is a blue wire that u havent connected back to the inlet manifold temp sensor. im not sure where abouts it goes though cos i can find it lol

Adam
19-02-07, 12:13 AM
The sender wire is getting earthed somewhere.
Hmm, but it shouldn't work with the ign off...

bump
19-02-07, 01:18 PM
Stuck needle?

craig green
19-02-07, 02:21 PM
the sender in the new manifold is duff. put the old sender in it.

mikey14sr
19-02-07, 03:10 PM
I helped him change the head, even when disconnected the guage is still all the way to the right. The insulation on the wire appears to be ok, only thing I could think of is that it got earthed when we fired her up, whilst I was bleeding the coolant and the needle's got stuck all the way around.
Might have to take the clocks out and remove the front cover to re-set the needle, If that doesn't work I'll dig out my spare clocks for the temp guage.

hagger
19-02-07, 06:06 PM
basically what mikey said! ill have a go at changing the sensor off the old inlet and have a look around for any other wires but me and mike coudnt see anything wrong when we looked, has really confused me!haha!