PDA

View Full Version : Peco exhausts

Anonymous
11-09-01, 08:31 PM
Just wondering. I'm on a budget and will be geting a BB2 or BB4. Which would you consider the better one with regards to sounds and looks. No flames please. Thanks!

Anonymous
11-09-01, 08:56 PM
LMAO

Dave Pearce, hmm he mixes like a man with no hands

Anonymous
11-09-01, 09:31 PM
NO NO NO NO NO MATE!
dont matter wot sort of budget ur on, i had one, there shit!
honest mate save ur money, get a magnex etc back box.

[-flash.gif-]

Anonymous
12-09-01, 12:20 AM
There's nowt wrong with 'em.....I had a BB2 on my last two Novas (same zorst swapped over).

The back box lasted two years (only just had to replace), and the centre section is mint.
I love the sound it made, and it looked smart....but, it entered at an angle which didn't look too clever!

I'm going to repair the back box as it's only got a few small holes in the pipe going into the silencer, then sell it.

I've now got a JP race-spec stainless system, and it's miles better, but the Peco was still a good zorst for the cash.

Best advice though....if you're on a budget, try and get a decent stainless zorst second hand. My Peco cost about ?78 for the back box and ?68 for the centre....I got my JP stainless back box AND centre sections for only ?60 for both :O
All it needed was a clean and polish, then it looked as good as new!

Anonymous
12-09-01, 10:09 AM
depends what your after..... PECO if u just want to sound like a typical boy racer and be heard a mile away.

Or performance then go for somet else really as im sure there are better ones around, u can get near enough any back box for under 100 notes.... i paid ?160 for a full piper evo 3 system to be fitted....its a 3.5" single exit and looks sweet, aint too loud and coupled with my K&N has got me upto 79.8 bhp.

but fitting is shite as it keeps moving about on the back and bashin my bumper, not sure if its tweeks or the exhaust though :(

Anonymous
12-09-01, 11:36 AM
bb's may sound good but they look shit !!! go for a piper evo 3 they are very good, look good and sound nice and good for performance, I know about 10 people with them on their nova's.

Come on England !!

Anonymous
12-09-01, 02:59 PM
Not ALL peco's look shit!! If u r prepared to spend a little bit more eg:?85 for backbox u can get one like mine. A PPM or Peco-Power-Master. They come with a 3 year unlimited milage warranty, s/s squared oval tail pipe, and are piss easy to fit. They sound the dogs bollocks and the square/oval tailpipe peeping out the back looks mint. But in the end its your choice. I've had mine over 2 years now and is still going strong! ;)

Anonymous
12-09-01, 06:10 PM
What's this about Peco's being loud as fuck??? Mine wasn't....it was nice and subtle, not as loud as most pef zorsts at all!
To be honest, it was louder when I just had the back box on....when I later fitted the centre section to go with it, it was quieter.
And, as for performance, it made quite a difference.....my BB2 was straight through...i.e. no baffles or restriction of any type....you could look through from one end and see light as the other. Acceleration was quicker, and it was miles more responsive. I noticed a huge difference on the motorway too....pulling easily in 5th without ever having to drop to 4th.

The only thing I didn't like was the small outlet....sure, the outer diameter was 3", but the actual outlet was much smaller in the centre, unlike my JP.
My JP zorst is miles louder than my Peco ever was, but nice with it :D

Does anyone have an idea how much my JP zorst might have been when it was new? I'm wondering how much of a bargain I got, since it was custom made (as all JP zorsts are) and used throughout it's life on race/rally cars.

Anonymous
12-09-01, 08:45 PM
I've seen a Powermaster and they look quite big, so I'd try and centre it. ANy ideas how I could make a centre exit zorst ?

Also, spotted a brand called Sportex. Any experiences ?

Anonymous
14-09-01, 01:35 PM
sportex cheap and nasty, no sum lad wiv one sound poo, I have got a magnex replacement bac box, fitted straight on and only makes noise when u want it o (if thats what you like) muffles n pops nicley when engine breaking but is quite quiet until about 3 grand then it sounds cool, but just before redline sounds class, did cost me ?120 from tweeks but it's looks neat aswell.