PDA

View Full Version : Write off!!

ross.s
16-02-07, 07:46 PM
As some of you may have seen in my other thread my 2L Nova has been written off.
http://www.novaload.net/forum/showthread.php?t=55979&page=12

What happend was..

I was stationary and another driver drove right into the back of me, which made my car a write off. There is no question as to who is at fault as he has been charged for dangerous driving.

What my question is... is has anyone been in this situation before with a nova/corsa or any engine conversioned car/highly modified, which has been involed in an accident, as I am 3rd party fire and theft, it will be the others party insurance that will be paying out. What I am concerned about is that they may only offer me market value for the car ie. a 1.2 nova lux????

P.S all my mods were declared to my insurace and the car is registered 2L Nova on the V5.

Dave.
16-02-07, 07:52 PM
i presume theyll pay you out for the market value of a 2.0l nova, aslong as all the mods are decalred you might be ok

also shame about the car, looked mint

Lee
16-02-07, 08:06 PM
What was the agreed value?

Spudly
16-02-07, 08:19 PM
Just show the assessor/insurance co the photos from start to finish as in your otyher post mate, and they cant say it wasnt in good nick and plus will see the time and effort gone into building the car so therefore you should see good payout, there was another lad on here with the gold kitted nov, he got a few grand for his when this happened to him iirc!!

dannyb
17-02-07, 01:41 AM
If you have trouble with the pay out form the insurance company, find examples of the prices other 2ltr Novas fetch. Send them recent private ads from mags such as Total Vaux, and if you can find one, an example for sale from Auto trader. If they offer you a good settlement, ask for it in writing as this will then mae it legally binding.
A friend experienced problems when his Corrado was rear ended, he did as I have described above and ended up with 2100 for it (after an initial offer of 1500). He asked for the 2100 offer in writing. When he rang up the company after this, they tried to fob him off with 1900 but as he had it in writing, they were obliged to pay it out. He later returned it to the road as a cat D car, so all hope may not be lost mate!