PDA

View Full Version : corsa vxr out next month

rdanny
16-02-07, 06:12 PM
i`m quite interested in seeing this i hope they have it on topgear.

its said to be the fastest small car ever made by vauxhall 1.6 turbo 189bhp

allso later this year is a new vectra, iv not heard much about this.

but i'm mostly looking to next months geniva show as vaux are said to show a new concept coupe, could it be cr@p or could it be a peek at a new calibra? that i'd love to see.

novacabrio
16-02-07, 08:09 PM
0-60 is 6.8 sec
140 mph+ top end
190ps
insurance 16d
Cars ordered before march 6th ?15,595

Lee
16-02-07, 08:13 PM
First one to find a stacked one and transplant the lump into a Nova gets 5 poonds and a scotch egg.

craig green
16-02-07, 08:51 PM
Me want one real bad but minus the OE rear bumper & centre pipe.

Irmscher already addressed the issue though!

Ash
17-02-07, 02:50 AM
my house mate is going to 888 to see the corsa before even the press do, trying to blah my way in but looks doubtful.

Ash

novacabrio
17-02-07, 08:45 AM
my house mate is going to 888 to see the corsa before even the press do, trying to blah my way in but looks doubtful.

Ash

I may have blagged one for the JOV rolling road day in feb :thumb: 50/50 at the moment

H15 NVA
17-02-07, 12:12 PM
glennys bro works for the vxr dealership in strood so im sure he'll get his hands on one fairly quickly, he spends his days fitting huge ap brakes, superchargers etc to monaros and the likes lol lucky fecker!!!

General Baxter
17-02-07, 12:25 PM
i think its NOT going to sell,

the corsa D is just nasty what ever spec it is, own up how many people have even seen some?

iv only ever seen 1 and wished i could of stapped my eyes out lol

Stoo
17-02-07, 12:27 PM
Think it looks mean as fook!!

krobinson
17-02-07, 02:09 PM

the corsa D is just nasty what ever spec it is, own up how many people have even seen some?

Its the 4th fastest selling car in the UK at the moment, outselling all its competition (clio, fiesta, c2 etc)

I think they look great, and will defo be getting a year old VXR once the novas finished.

Keith

Jim Mcrae
17-02-07, 04:19 PM
nice car, but i think the new type r will be way more popular.

novacabrio
17-02-07, 05:27 PM

what ever way you see it mate the gerneral public don't agree, it is a great little car and making me alot of money at the moment :thumb:

novacabrio
17-02-07, 05:28 PM
nice car, but i think the new type r will be way more popular.

Shame it will be about 3k more :roll:

dannyb
17-02-07, 05:45 PM
I've not read anything worthwhile in the motoring press about the Corsa. How tunable will the VXR Corsa be and does it use an entirely new engine or is it based on an existing engine?

novacabrio
17-02-07, 06:17 PM
I've not read anything worthwhile in the motoring press about the Corsa. How tunable will the VXR Corsa be and does it use an entirely new engine or is it based on an existing engine?

its a new engine mate, derived from the old 16 16v from the astras etc, Corsa not getting much good press realy, just little things like, "what car?" magazine Car of the year :roll: lol :thumb:

Stoo
18-02-07, 09:49 AM
I was led to believe its the same engine thats in the Meriva VXR with a few tweaks!!

Itll outsell the type R IMHO and im a honda nut!!!

The corsas just as quick and a few?K less!!

valverguy
18-02-07, 01:22 PM
Is it just me or are the 0-60 times a little disapointing for a car with almost 200 bhp? i mean **** my little clio 1.8 16v will do it in 6.5 seconds with only 148hp?

novacabrio
18-02-07, 02:03 PM
my little clio 1.8 16v will do it in 6.5 seconds with only 148hp?

:confused: what model?

valverguy
18-02-07, 02:07 PM
its a 1.8 16v mk1 phase 1 clio 16v. Full zorst and manifold panel filter cams and some head work. even standard they did it in 7.2 with 137 bhp. Amazing little cars and it weighs like 920kg plastic arches n everything.

Best handling hot hatch you can buy for under a grand. and with 140hp as standard. Most come with leather and all the gadgets new cars have. Theyre only a grp 12 insurance as well. Excelent little cars :) I advise anyone to get one for track use or just fun. The gearboxes are weak if you thrash them stupidy hard. But bar that they dont break.

novacabrio
18-02-07, 02:34 PM
The clio as you say weights nothing, the corsa will have air-con metal panels etc all the things needed to meet euro ncap scores etc

wisewood
18-02-07, 02:43 PM
I can't get excited about this car - i'm firmly in the house of "my god that car looks gash" and as far as i'm concerned sticking a quick engine in there with it makes it no better.

Bring on 2 years time when its the chav motor of choice and EVERY town you drive through all you'll hear is dump valves.

valverguy
18-02-07, 02:54 PM
Yer thats true. but with that amount of power them times just arent impressive im afraid!

Stanley
18-02-07, 03:19 PM
I have to say, im not impressd by the looks of the Corsa VXR
http://stb.msn.com/i/99/E195DD89F8817D3B82E134EF8E52F9.jpg
http://stb.msn.com/i/3B/DDDFE57AE5149C65F8DDAD6F9E4A45.jpg
http://stb.msn.com/i/AC/DE444F55895FF838E755B16CA1AD0.jpg
http://stb.msn.com/i/AF/3F82114B1D75DA31B03C56DFAB644.jpg
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/01/corsaopc6.jpg

Although its french, id rather have the Megane Sport...
http://autoesporte.globo.com/edic/ed492/01-1024x768.jpg

Geth
18-02-07, 10:00 PM
The megane sport is an excellent car. My boss has one as a company car and she's let me drive it a few times. I followed her down to Exeter last year when I was using a Leon Cupra and she absalutely blitzed me when we had little play heading into the town centre.

Paul
18-02-07, 11:21 PM
People are getting this horribly worng here, the megane.civic type r are are the equivalent of the Astra VXR.

The Corsa VXR is a niche in the market and the moment, and it looks good to me to make loads of money for Vauxhall. The only other small hot hatches to compete are the clio 197 and the c2vts, both crap.

Plus seeing as its a turbo the Corsa is more tunebale, and afaik the most powerful 1.6 turbo from standard i know of...

Geth
18-02-07, 11:50 PM
Mini Cooper S? 1.6 Supercharged, don't what they're like to drive though.

dannyb
19-02-07, 10:05 AM
Mini Cooper S? 1.6 Supercharged, don't what they're like to drive though.

Bloody good fun.

lol

wisewood
19-02-07, 10:41 AM
You watch... it'll get released, sell like hot-cakes for 2 weeks then Ford will step forward waving a piece of paper that has "Fiesta RS Turbo" written on it.

You just watch the corsa die a death lol

Paul
19-02-07, 01:07 PM
you would of heard about a New Fiesta by now.

ANyway the have the ST which is the slowest most boring piece of rattly junk since a Nova as standard!

wisewood
19-02-07, 04:49 PM
yes but people always say the fiesta chassis is awesome, so if they were to make a fun turbo version, with the rs turbo badge, it'd walk off the showroom floor.

dannyb
19-02-07, 06:25 PM
Even if it turned out a bit half baked, people would still buy an RS turbo Fiesta. Especially the RS turbo fancying schoolboys of the early 90's who would now be earning enough to buy a new RS Fiesta.

Mint FRST
20-02-07, 08:31 PM
you would of heard about a New Fiesta by now.

ANyway the have the ST which is the slowest most boring piece of rattly junk since a Nova as standard!

Not actually that slow in the real world. Have you drove one? Will out handle any production VX bar the VXR220 by a long way.

Area 6 aka Ian Howell ex Fiesta Frenzy is getting big figures turboing these engines at the mo.

Incidently saw a Corsa VXR on the M1 tonight wearing trade plates. Was a red one with the standard wheels and overtook me doing a ton!lol

novacabrio
20-02-07, 08:39 PM
Not actually that slow in the real world. Have you drove one? Will out handle any production VX bar the VXR220 by a long way.

Area 6 aka Ian Howell ex Fiesta Frenzy is getting big figures turboing these engines at the mo.

Incidently saw a Corsa VXR on the M1 tonight wearing trade plates. Was a red one with the standard wheels and overtook me doing a ton!lol

Fiesta ST will out handle a standard vx220 (you say only the vxr220?)? Have you driven one lol what about Monaro?

Mint FRST
20-02-07, 08:46 PM
Driven a VX 220 and a Turbo. Neither particulary on the limit I should say. Was just trying to keep the turbo straight (It was a wet day)!

novacabrio
20-02-07, 09:14 PM
I prefer the N/A vx to the turbo, I owned a N/A for 2 years and loved every minute of it, had a demo turbo at work aswell at the same time and I use to drive the turbo daily aswell, still gave me more of a smile with the N/A due to the pure power to weight not like the turbo just being a bolt on after thought. I wouldnt say either car would be out handled by a Fiesta?

Mint FRST
20-02-07, 09:32 PM
Think you took it out of context I ment the ST handles better than all current Vauxhalls. With the exception of the VX220/Turbo etc!

Catch my drift?

Stuart
21-02-07, 09:19 AM
current fiesta is a huge giggle. its like a "properly" built and setup nova xe.
even in std guise with a 1.4 TD engine they are a laugh.

new corsa looks hideous, if it handles ok then it will be good, but its its a straight line warrior then its really not going to win favours with most folks.

Shame its got the griffin of doom on it to cause 50% depreciation within 20 mins of ownership otherwise ?15K would nearly be acceptable.

novacabrio
21-02-07, 08:39 PM
current fiesta is a huge giggle. its like a "properly" built and setup nova xe.
even in std guise with a 1.4 TD engine they are a laugh.

new corsa looks hideous, if it handles ok then it will be good, but its its a straight line warrior then its really not going to win favours with most folks.

Shame its got the griffin of doom on it to cause 50% depreciation within 20 mins of ownership otherwise ?15K would nearly be acceptable.

Corsa vxr availability will be slim to help resale values, the chassis drives realy well, drove all the engines with work and its easily capable of handling the power and still very drivable :thumb:

Lee
21-02-07, 09:03 PM
Ford unfortunately still produce a far more superior chassis than Vauxhall, hell, i rekon the Transit Connect handled better than the Astra IV!! but IMO, vauxhalls look slightly more attractive (although the new corsa's **** looks a bit iffy).

If the Astra VXR handled like an ST, it would be kicking everythings **** from here to pluto.

Not to worry though, the new Civic TypeR is going to wipe the floor with everything i rekon, despite horrible revvy vtec. The chassis is supposed to be extereeeemly good!