PDA

View Full Version : given gte 2.016v calipers!

Anonymous
12-09-01, 01:50 PM
as I said above,I have been given some astra gte 2.0 16v calipers,I can recon them easy,are they a straight sawp over to 1.2?-do I need the discs to go with them?-I have 14s,so clearance in that aspect is alright,and I have a mechanically minded family,suggestions plz?-thanx in advance,I got so many things going on at the mo around my 2 cars its unbelievable!

clear repeaters,lowered and more performance in the pipe line :)

Anonymous
12-09-01, 03:07 PM
U will need 256mm disc and pads (obviously) to go in the calipers. I dont think u HAVE to get astra GTE discs, u can also get cavalier discs which r the same size. ;)
There is a guide on www.topbuzz.co.uk Look in the modifications section, then mechanical modifications, then look for 16v brake conversion. Everything u need to know is in there!
Hope this helps. tone

Anonymous
12-09-01, 05:47 PM
cool!-a trip to the breakers is in order I think,a nice L-reg cav came in that looked almost mint :) not sure on the engine size though,or I may have to buy new parts for once :(

clear repeaters,lowered and more performance in the pipe line :)

Anonymous
12-09-01, 06:16 PM
I'd buy new disks anyway mate.....not worth mucking about with second hand ones most of the time....don't know if they're warped etc.
I got second hand GTE disks but they ended up being slightly warped, so got new ones....even new, they were only ?18 each, so the larger ones can't be much more than that.

Anonymous
12-09-01, 09:16 PM
ere Rich,whats happening over the peco?-is the back box salvageable?-I would be interested in both items of they are ok

I want some 15"s!