PDA

View Full Version : horn not working

SRlew
15-02-07, 12:27 PM
right the horn isnt working, i need it sorted NOW as its got to go back for the mot in like a week yesterday and i carnt afford to pay for another mot or for them to fix it,

iv put a new horn/siren part on and tried 2steering wheels lol, and it still wont work

when i tried somthing the other day i turned the ignition on and the horn was permently on so ther is power to it etc.

any ideas?

cheers lew

hendrix
15-02-07, 01:13 PM
maybe the relay for the horn, not sure where is it though....bulkhead maybe?

SRlew
15-02-07, 01:14 PM
a relay? never knew there was one. could it be down to that then. whats it look like?

dannyb
15-02-07, 01:32 PM
Possibly wire up your own temporary horn push/switch for the MOT.

Riggy
15-02-07, 01:40 PM
is the horn ring that goes under neath the steering wheel in contact with the little pin ?

SRlew
15-02-07, 01:42 PM
yeh i was thinking that tbh,

how would i go about it? the horn/siren has to conectors for wires, would i just run one wire from one of them up to the steering wheel push? (connect it to the wire from the push to like the boss kit?)

need to get it done so all help welcome!

cheers lew

SRlew
15-02-07, 01:43 PM
also riggy yeh it is i even tried taking the steeringf wheel off and conecting the ring to the probe thing and then trying it lol, but nothing

Riggy
15-02-07, 01:56 PM
lew are you using a std wheel or aftermarket one ?

SRlew
15-02-07, 01:57 PM
after market one, got a ripseed one that can use 2 buttons, or iv got an mounteny wheel with a single center push, tried both wheels, but think all be using the mounteny now

Riggy
15-02-07, 02:14 PM
right then one wire has to earth to the wheel its self and then the other wire will provide the power to it , iirc there is a wire that goes to that little pin i mention before , is that there ?

SRlew
15-02-07, 02:25 PM
yeh theres a brown/white wire that goes to the pin thing, then the ring thing has one wire from it which conects to the horn push

no earth to the wheel tho?!?

Riggy
15-02-07, 02:37 PM
yeah well you need to run a wire from the 2nd spade on the push to and earth on the wheel boss and it should work

SRlew
16-02-07, 06:15 PM
when you say second spade, which one do you mean.

i dont understand horns lol

Adam
16-02-07, 06:40 PM
The second terminal on the horn sounder.
One brings 12v ign to the horn.

The other wire is wired to the steering wheel ring, it earths when the ring contacts, and so the horn sounds.