PDA

View Full Version : insurance query

sr mikey
14-02-07, 10:32 PM
Do you have to tell insurance companies if u have say a 1.4 sr motor in a 1.2 merit shell ??? or can u just say its a 1.4 sr ??

Welsh Dan
14-02-07, 11:18 PM
You have to say its a 1.4 motor in a 1.2 shell. With some companies the premium will vary as to what the donor car was even with the same engine. For example it would probably be cheaper to insure a 14NV converstion from a mk2 astra expression than it would a 14NV from a Nova SR.

Jack
14-02-07, 11:41 PM
All modifications to OEM spec should be declared - i.e. if the car didn't leave the factory with it, technically its a "mod" and thus the insurance company need to know.

london_chris
15-02-07, 02:11 AM
You have to say its a 1.4 motor in a 1.2 shell. With some companies the premium will vary as to what the donor car was even with the same engine. For example it would probably be cheaper to insure a 14NV converstion from a mk2 astra expression than it would a 14NV from a Nova SR.

can u just tell them that or is there markings on the engine, just curious

Welsh Dan
15-02-07, 08:12 AM
The engine just has its model number and serial number stamped on it. I don't know if any insurance companies ask for the logbook of the donor car though, but i doubt they will.